MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

5 posters

Leveling up

Jillllll
    Jillllll

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Jill

Leveling up Empty Leveling up

Post  Jillllll Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:36 am

I am on Level 29, and I've been playing for a few months. I play regularly - once a day at least, but I still feel like I'm progressing very slowly. I recently had one friend who had her game wiped out, and in about a week she has already climbed to level 32!

Clearly I am misunderstanding something. Maybe I'm not spending enough time acquiring items for collections that reward with experience points? Maybe I'm not using my helpers properly? Do I need to be playing more than once a day? Any tips are welcomed!

Leveling up Empty Re: Leveling up

Post  Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:16 pm

I am a level 30 and it has taken me about two months. I use my exp helpers in my higher rooms. It does seem to take a long time to level up. I play a few times a day. It is important to build your rep. level cause then you get more free exp when you visit friends!
    slfranci

Post  slfranci Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:12 pm

As mentioned, building up your reputation level is a big help. But you also have to make sure you visit the correct number of friends each day to collect the free experience points.

Send out all 50 gifts per day, because the mystery gifts are a big help. The stamps for collection 9 are commonly given as mystery gifts, and each time you complete a set and charge it, that's another 150 experience points for basically doing nothing.

I banish snatchins every time I get an item for them. That's another 50 experience points per snatchin.

Establish daily tipping/waking helper trades with some of your friends. If you have just a coulple of friends who leave tips and wake your helpers everyday, you'll always have the tips in your rooms and helpers to use. There's nothing worse than having energy to burn but using it without tips or helpers.

I find that following the quests keeps my game moving for me. I also actively seek out trades with my friends to complete collections or quests. I try to use all 10 of my daily collection items I can send for trades. 10 trades a day can make a huge difference in the game. If I don't reach 10 trades, then I gift collection items to friends, and often receive one back. Not always though, but that's just part of the game.

Watch your experience points, and when you know you're close to leveling up, make sure you use all your available energy and strength before you do. Because your energy and strength are replenished when you level up, any energy or strength you had when that happens is basically just wasted.

Use your charms when you have lots of energy to use. I try to save them for when my energy is full and I know I'm going to level up soon. I also like to save my breakfasts and other food for when I plan to use my charms also. When it works out perfectly, I'll activate a charm or charms, use up my full energy, charge a collection to push me over the edge so I level up and get full energy again. Use that energy, then use my food for more energy. That process takes about the full half hour that most of the charms last. I also make sure to visit a friend or two while doing this and leave a few tips so that my strength can continue to build. It can't build if it's full, so I try to never leave it close to full.

I hope all that makes sense! Good luck with your game.
    Jillllll
    Jillllll

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Jill

Post  Jillllll Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:28 am

Thank you both for the advice. @slfranci - I think I haven't been using charms to their full potential, so I'm going to give your method a try!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:55 am

I use only +experience helpers when I enter rooms.

As mentioned above, make the most out of your charms - I used a whole bunch of charms right before I level up, and I save all my food items for after I level up to make the most of the charms.

Also mentioned - use all your strength to help friends. I'm currently level 44 and reputation level 44. Each day, I get 2200 experience points for free just buy visiting friends.

Lastly, do quests as quickly as you can. The experience from them adds up.
    sjwriter

Friend Code : 3965f8

Post  sjwriter Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:14 am

I'm currently at level 42 and reputation 45. "Normally" (i.e. without special charms) it takes me around 2 to 3 days for one level up, and I'll say most of the exp required comes from helping friends, rather than exploring rooms.

BTW, it takes me to play the game a few times a day at the very beginning, as the max energy is low and I don't want to waste any energy accumulated. It is until recently that I can play it with a more flexible schedule.

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:13 pm

One more bit of advice, if you do buy diamonds, buy only when there is a leprechaun to get more for your money. The only energy item you should buy is the hearty dinner IMO. It not only refills your energy but increases it by 10. This way when you level up your energy is much higher and you can play for a longer period than if your energy leveled up normally.

For me, personally, the only thing worth buying if you don't mind spending the money is the hearty dinner.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I heard there were other, better, food items that some players were getting (Champagne being one of them, full heal, 40 diamonds?).

Of course, I didn't get any of them in my shop.

But yes, the only normal food item worth buying is Hearty Dinner.
    slfranci

Post  slfranci Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 pm

kmad004 wrote:One more bit of advice, if you do buy diamonds, buy only when there is a leprechaun to get more for your money. The only energy item you should buy is the hearty dinner IMO. It not only refills your energy but increases it by 10. This way when you level up your energy is much higher and you can play for a longer period than if your energy leveled up normally.

For me, personally, the only thing worth buying if you don't mind spending the money is the hearty dinner.

Is the increase by 10 in maximum energy permanent? Or does it go away after a period of time?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:00 am

It is permanent.

I have friends with over 2500 energy. Imagine how many of these they must have bought!
    slfranci

Post  slfranci Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 am

I know what my next purchase is going to be now! Although honestly, my total energy hasn't been a huge hindrance. It rarely ever fills up, not even overnight. But I level up every 2 or 3 days, so getting a little extra energy from leveling up will give me some extra game time. Thanks for all the info!
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:29 am

[quote="Admin"]

As mentioned above, make the most out of your charms - I used a whole bunch of charms right before I level up, and I save all my food items for after I level up to make the most of quote]

Charms question. I know you can use charms for different things at the same time to become "all powerful " and that you can't use two charms for the same thing (ie two enhanced experience charms) at the same time..... Sooo, what do you do when you have the faithful heart running? Doesn't that mean I can't use the chance to find items charms when it is in use? I didn't get the option to not have the faithful heart running and 10% is really meager help, if you have more powerful charms you want to use.

I'm about to level up and don't want to use charms, if they aren't going to work because of the faithful heart.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:35 am

When I had Faithful Heart running, I believe it did not interfere with the use of other charms. I am almost certain it did not interfere with Turtle of Luck.

Try to stack them as much as you can - if it doesn't work, the game lets you know without taking your charm away.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Leveling up Empty Leveling up - experience change from one level to the next

Post  Mbstr8k Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm

So, I've done an experiment and discovered that the amount of experience you need to go up a level increases by 300 each time.
    at least that was the difference between each leveling up from level 39 to level 45.

Example:
    Trying to get to level 45 now and the total experience I need is 12,500. Next, I'll need 12,800 to get to level 46, etc....

Not sure if this helps anyone, but it is just a bit of trivia. Laughing
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm

I've always wondered about that. Thanks for the info! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content