MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+9
gailg
Demdike
karen_ni
juliebug
Roxy
cnote
Camille
paulinelhg
ycul
13 posters

Another friend Banned.

ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Another friend  Banned. Empty Another friend Banned.

Post  ycul Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:57 am

What the heck is going on? Another friend was banned today for a BS reason. I am so sick of this game and GI. They are taking all the fun out of an awesome game. Seriously its a chore to play anymore. NO fun at all. I have so many friends who are quitting or playing minimally.

What the heck is going on GI? Why would you want everyone to quit? You are losing some very loyal players.

I don't think I will ever play another GI game. Ever again.
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Another friend  Banned. Empty Re: Another friend Banned.

Post  paulinelhg Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 am

Exactly my sentiments!
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 am

Agree 100% Lucy and Pauline.
    cnote

MM Name : noted

Post  cnote Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:40 am

Perhaps it is intentional on GI's part. More experienced players or players who have been playing prior to the past 5 or so updates don't spend as much money as they did when they first began. We also are able to gift a variety of items to lower level friends making it unnecessary for the lower level friends to make purchases. People generally purchase diamonds when they are new to the game. Therefore, the new players are the ones that provide the most money to GI. Which group of people do you think GI will want to keep around?

just a thought . . .
    Roxy
    Roxy

Friend Code : 1455f5
    MM Name : Roxy

Post  Roxy Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:38 am

GI should give specific reasons when they ban a player. "We've received numerous complaints" tells the banned player nothing. I'm with you on this, Lucy. I will never play another GI game again. In fact, I wish GI would ban me, too! I would wear the ban like a medal of honor.
    juliebug

MM Name : juliebug

Post  juliebug Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:42 pm

From what I have heard, the bannings come as a surprise with little or no warning, no details, and no recourse of action for the banned person. As if being treated like 3 year olds in time out isn't enough, locked in a closet without food and water is inexcusable.
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:27 pm

I agree too Lucy! It is getting ridiculous. I also would never again play or recommend any GI game. I think cnote hit the nail on the head. If you get rid of the older players, the new players would be more likely to buy diamonds. I think they are just banning a few at a time so it doesn't look so obvious.
    Demdike

Friend Code : 98b826
    MM Name : Demdike

Post  Demdike Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 pm

We move on from BST shortly when the clocks go back an hour, so waiting for my accusation of cheating
    gailg

Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

Another friend  Banned. Empty Who?

Post  gailg Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:13 am

Well there are lots of rumors going around about someone being banned but I don't see any comment from them to say they have been banned. Not like Harper Seven who we've pushed in everyone's faces for a week. Actually it's kind of a non punishment being banned from the crap game when there's another one to play. I too would be wearing it like a badge of honor! Love the fact that people are having to conduct their daily chats on the FB page cos they can't post from their own walls. Where will it end?
    cheers
    Roxy
    Roxy

Post  Roxy Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:35 pm

gailg wrote:Well there are lots of rumors going around about someone being banned but I don't see any comment from them to say they have been banned. Not like Harper Seven who we've pushed in everyone's faces for a week. Actually it's kind of a non punishment being banned from the crap game when there's another one to play. I too would be wearing it like a badge of honor! Love the fact that people are having to conduct their daily chats on the FB page cos they can't post from their own walls. Where will it end?
    cheers

The banned player is skyler. He is away on vacation.
    gailg

Another friend  Banned. Empty Banned

Post  gailg Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm

That's what I heard! So if he's on vacation, have they banned him in his absence? I mean does he know? Maybe he will find that Found is a good game to play but that really isn't the point. Wonder what GI are saying of his crime?probably the same as Harper seven, other players have complained?
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

gailg wrote:That's what I heard! So if he's on vacation, have they banned him in his absence? I mean does he know? Maybe he will find that Found is a good game to play but that really isn't the point. Wonder what GI are saying of his crime?probably the same as Harper seven, other players have complained?
    I don't think he knows Gail, he left his iPad at home.
    gailg

Another friend  Banned. Empty .?

Post  gailg Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 pm

How rude is that?? Come back and find yourself banned when you weren't even playing! Think I might follow the others and download mirrors of Albion to give it a one star rating. Apparently it crashes too!
    Savannah123
    Savannah123

Friend Code : By Inv

Another friend  Banned. Empty Best laugh ever

Post  Savannah123 Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Check out the ratings , new player Olvb is level 1542!! What a great in your face GI!! I love it!! Best laugh from this game in a long time!! You go Olvb!!!!
    Ali8stone
    Ali8stone

Friend Code : 866912
    MM Name : ali

Another friend  Banned. Empty Another player banned

Post  Ali8stone Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:04 pm

gailg wrote:How rude is that?? Come back and find yourself banned when you weren't even playing! Think I might follow the others and download mirrors of Albion to give it a one star rating. Apparently it crashes too!

He does know and says he is going to fight it but we knowGI won't play fair! Twisted Evil
    •Vicki bans GI•
    •Vicki bans GI•

Friend Code : QuitMM
    MM Name : •Vicki•

Post  •Vicki bans GI• Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:01 am

Roxy wrote:The banned player is skyler. He is away on vacation.
    I just found out about this today, and I am absolutely appalled that GI would ban Mike! I cannot even begin to fathom any viable reason for banning him!

I don't care if GI wants to get rid of more experienced players because they aren't buying diamonds or because they are able to gift lower level players items that cause them to buy fewer diamonds. That is no excuse for banning anyone from a game. GI created the game. GI created the rules. And now GI needs to stand behind the results even if they don't like them.

Even if someone did complain about Mike, that's still no excuse for banning him without any kind of proof that the complaints are valid and not the made up lies of a loser who can't beat a better player, and it's absolutely impossible for GI to have thoroughly checked out the situation without contacting Mike and giving him an opportunity to rebut whatever complaint was lodged against him. To ban a person merely because others filed complaints is ludicrous as people will always be motivated to file bogus complaints against high level players on the leaderboard in order to knock them off. If GI is going to have a leaderboard, then GI has the responsibility to ensure that those who have achieved high standings on the leaderboard are not unfairly attacked by others who are jealous of their achievement.

However you look at it, this is GI's responsibility and they should be held accountable.

Makes me feel like filing a complaint of my own – to Apple. GI's games should be removed from the Apple Store. Not just given a low rating, but completely removed. GI has crossed the line from just giving terrible customer service. GI is slanderous towards its customers.

I will absolutely, positively never EVER play a GI game again no matter how great the game may seem or how bored I may become. Since GI likes the act of banning, then I have one for them: I BAN GAME INSIGHT!
    Pink451

Post  Pink451 Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:01 am

I emailed gi to complain about mike (and other players being banned). They said they were considering whether or not to unban him. So, if you have the time please email gi to request that any of the friend you have get unbanned ( I know there are several). At this point the seem to be banning a lot of the higher level players, and I think, to some extent, we all are in danger as long as they seem to be banning for stupid reasons.
    Roxy
    Roxy

Post  Roxy Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 pm

It would be interesting to see what GI would do if everyone who ever Multi-gifted came forward and "confessed". Would they ban everyone in the name of fairness leaving only a handful of players, or would they just let it go to retain their player base.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:12 am