MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+3
sunnyind
Brooke17724
IsabellaBeckett
7 posters

Banned From Facebook!

IsabellaBeckett

Banned From Facebook! Empty Banned From Facebook!

Post  IsabellaBeckett Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Mystery Manor is at it again banning posts! I just sent this message to support and encourage everyone to send something similar, or feel free to cut and paste mine. They need to know this is not okay!

My email to support:

I am extremely offended that you banned me from your Facebook page. I was neither abusive, nor unpleasant. I simply asked that you allow an open and free conversation. Your customers can see when you delete their posts and it makes them angrier. My posts were more supportive of you than most. Now I am furious and will encourage others to continue to blitz the app store with negative ratings - because this is the only way you will hear us and let us be heard, where you can't censor us!! I also plan to file an official complaint against your company with Apple, explaining how you inflated your ratings on your games by bribing people to give you five stars by giving them in app currency to do so. I will use the public venues that you cannot censor to encourage others to do the same. These venues have THOUSANDS of active users. I suggest that you address our complaints quickly and remove the ban on your players on Facebook, otherwise you will see things get even uglier for you. I will give you until the end of business US Central to respond to me and remove this ban and open free discussion or I will use all of the time that I would have used to follow your website to further protest your censorship and illegitimate practices!

Brooke17724
    Brooke17724

MM Name : Brooke

Banned From Facebook! Empty Re: Banned From Facebook!

Post  Brooke17724 Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:36 pm

My friend was banned for posting this link. http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/12/game-insight-aims-to-triple-growth-in-mobile-games-this-year-exclusive/
    IsabellaBeckett

Post  IsabellaBeckett Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:50 pm

I think we should email venture beat and explain

1. why GI game are so highly rated (I.e. they bribe new players to give 5 stars with in app currency)
    2. how flawed their games are
    3. how upset their customers are and then direct them to this forum and the Facebook page

If a bunch of us sent emails, I bet they would look into it.

Game Insights is trying to silence us and the majority of us are not acting in an abusive way in the least. Additionally, i could not even count the number of emails i sent to their support team before finally posting in a more public venue. If they will not let us express our dissatisfaction, we should take it to a greater audience!!!

sunnyind
    sunnyind

Friend Code : 139aae
    MM Name : sunnyind

Post  sunnyind Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 pm

I definitely agree to use other means of communication, how the gi can block us in expressing our opinions. They have blocked me on the fb as well and I can just view posts but cannot participate by writing or voting anymore. Anyone has any suggestion that we can do a mass protest and get our voice go through those deaf ears.
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 pm

IsabellaBeckett wrote:I think we should email venture beat and explain

[url=http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/14/russias-game-insight-faces-a-fan-revolt-in-mystery-manor-ipad-game/]http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/14/russias-

Someone posted this link in chat today! Smile

IsabellaBeckett

Post  IsabellaBeckett Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 am

I am blocked from the MM Facebook page, but I was one of the people that reached out to venture beat, and have spent tonight researching other media outlets that might be interested in this. Game Insight has a media page where they list all stories on their company and games. I can't post the link because new members are not allowed to but you can find it if you google Game Insight, then click on their News link, and then their Publications tab. It is a great list of media outlets that might be interested in this story!

Below is the letter that I sent to Gamezebo this evening:

Dear Mr. Hildebrand,

Earlier this year, you wrote a story regarding the Russian gaming company, Game Insight. I am writing to you to make you aware of a developing issue with this company that has already, and will continue to affect their revenue.

Over the past few days, Game Insight has found themselves knee deep in a customer revolt. Their flagship game, Mystery Manor: Hidden Adventure is at the heart of this melee. Their rating in the Apple app store has plummeted from five to two stars, with hundreds of negative reviews pouring in. Last week, Mystery Manor was the second highest grossing app on iTunes, but due to a global player boycott, they have fallen to 12th, and will continue to fall as more players join this effort.

It takes a lot to get players from all walks of life so enraged, to not just delete an app but make a concerted effort to vocalize their displeasure. Game Insight has been incredibly unprofessional with their users, providing a game fraught with bugs, no customer service, refusal to refund purchases, and frequent updates that make the game nearly impossible to play without paying vast amounts of money (although the game is advertised to their users as absolutely free).

Most recently, GI asked players to post feedback on their Facebook page, but as fans began to do so, they deleted and banned any poster who expressed any opinion that was in any way negative. This resulted (and continues to result) in thousands of posts erased over the past three days. With players unable to vent their frustrations to GI support and unable to do so on their Facebook page, they have begun seeking alternative ways to express their displeasure.

Although GI is now releasing statements to suggest they are working on these issues, these issues did not develop overnight - many months of being ignored was the motivator for GI customers - and even now, GI continues to ignore and ban their players.

I believe that this is a story worthy of your attention. I encourage you to read the reviews from players in the Apple app store and visit the links below (the Mystery Manor Facebook page, Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum and Mystery Manor proboards).

(my email listed all three links here)

These pages will help you to understand the depth of customer displeasure with this company.

Sincerely,

Isabella Beckett

I encourage EVERYONE to blitz these media outlets with our info. I plan to continue sending letters to this list Smile
    IsabellaBeckett

Post  IsabellaBeckett Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:27 am

Those of us who have been banned from the Facebook page should all create dummy Facebook pages so we can post again. I suggest that we use the names of famous revolutionary leaders Wink
    IsabellaBeckett

Post  IsabellaBeckett Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:41 am

sunnyind wrote:I definitely agree to use other means of communication, how the gi can block us in expressing our opinions. They have blocked me on the fb as well and I can just view posts but cannot participate by writing or voting anymore. Anyone has any suggestion that we can do a mass protest and get our voice go through those deaf ears.

Join the letter writing campaign to media outlets.

Also, you can create a dummy Facebook page pretty easily if u have a second email address (easy to set up a free account). Then, just post after 8 pm US Central - based on the posts tonight, they clearly are not checking the site at this late hour in Russia. Then, delete your posts after a few hours - they will be none the wiser but it will reach the intended audience.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 am

IsabellaBeckett wrote:Those of us who have been banned from the Facebook page should all create dummy Facebook pages so we can post again. I suggest that we use the names of famous revolutionary leaders Wink
    As in Rosa Parks or Mahatma Gandhi or Martin Luther King? Hmm... I'm not sure we should go that far. Smile It's just a game after all. These revolutionaries were fighting against real-life injustice and oppression, and were willing to lay down their lives for their causes.

As for us, if our frustration with GI gets too unbearable, all we have to do is delete the app. Wink
    Taylormade

Post  Taylormade Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:33 pm

They have an office in San Fransico

IsabellaBeckett wrote:
    sunnyind wrote:I definitely agree to use other means of communication, how the gi can block us in

expressing our opinions. They have blocked me on the fb as well and I can just view posts but cannot participate by writing or voting anymore. Anyone has any suggestion that we can do a mass protest and get our voice go through those deaf ears.

Join the letter writing campaign to media outlets.

Also, you can create a dummy Facebook page pretty easily if u have a second email address (easy to set up a free account). Then, just post after 8 pm US Central - based on the posts tonight, they clearly are not checking the site at this late hour in Russia. Then, delete your posts after a few hours - they will be none the wiser but it will reach the intended audience.
    SJ
    SJ

Post  SJ Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Actually Taylor you bring up a very good point there. I'm asleep at the time you mentioned, but it would be the perfect time for people to go on and post MMUFF.COM MMUFF.COM MMUFF.COM messages Smile
    IsabellaBeckett

Post  IsabellaBeckett Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Taylor, they do have an office in San Fran, but they still don't seem to be monitoring their fb page after 6 pm Pacific. The link to the apple store went up last night at about that time and was not deleted until today.
    Taylormade

Post  Taylormade Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:30 pm

San Francisco office is their Central hub. As someone stated on FB yesterday which I'm sure has been erased, they are trying to back track but their PR sucks. Look at the times of their postings all yesterday Wink

quote="IsabellaBeckett"]Taylor, they do have an office in San Fran, but they still don't seem to be monitoring their fb page after 6 pm Pacific. The link to the apple store went up last night at about that time and was not deleted until today.[/quote]
    Taylormade

Post  Taylormade Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:42 pm

I honestly have to give you all kudos!! I am under the impression that GI thought "ok appease them for a bit" but when the Boycott happened and people started to email Media outlets and drop their rating on Apple now they are nervous. Next on to BBB for their rating.

IsabellaBeckett wrote:Taylor, they do have an office in San Fran, but they still don't seem to be monitoring their fb page after 6 pm Pacific. The link to the apple store went up last night at about that time and was not deleted until today.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:53 am