MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+26
Katyc
pallhedge
Mrs X
lynnhas
Kazk
xx Vix xx
Superg
Skyler
Lyndar
Mothra
LaneyK
skiptx
Rosie Hallahan
lexp333
Sablesrgreat
Poppy
kmnrc35
slycreations
catku
rab
Abemom2
juliebug
Wind52
♡MotherLove♡
JazzLamb
someoneXYZ
30 posters

New update July 10 v1.23

Lyndar

New update July 10 v1.23 - Page 2 Empty Re: New update July 10 v1.23

Post  Lyndar Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Have just joined MMUFF and am glad I did. I've had same crash problems when trying to take gifts, so its good to know its not my iPad. And I didn't know about clearing the wall messages. Thanks to all for the info, many thanks to poppy for recommending MMUFF :-)
    Skyler
    Skyler

Friend Code : By Inv
    MM Name : Private

Post  Skyler Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Mothra wrote:The same thing happened to me. I was given a collection item I did not previously have as a gift. I was in the process of looking to see gifts I received after I updated when the game crashed. When I reopened the game, the new gifts were gone, and they are not in my inventory. Boo!!

Unfortunately, with the new update gifts are being lost form the gift box when it crashes, it seems to happen more when you are accepting a lot at once. Try to accept only a coupe at a time.

Also...

Gifts recv'd that you have no collection for do not always disappear. Although you dont see them in inventory, whenever the collections get updated and made available the gifts you recv'd may show up then. At least that has been what has happened to me in the past. So, keep your fingers crossed and when a new update adds new collections, check and see if your items show up then.
    skiptx

Friend Code : 7d0e7c
    MM Name : skip

Post  skiptx Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:34 pm

My game is crashing so much that it's practically unusable. Here's my strategy until they fix it: if someone has given me a gift that's really special, like a zodiac item or a quest item, I first totally exit the game. Single click home button, double click home button, hold down an icon until they all wiggle, and click the minus on the MM icon to quit MM. Then I relaunch MM and visit my gift wall. Very slowly click on the special gift, very slowly click to send a thank you gift, and exit the gift wall. Follow the above procedure to completely shut down the game again. Restart and repeat if there are other special gifts. Doing a shutdown and restart forces the game to save your progress including the special gifts, so even if you crash after that, you'll keep those gifts.

Tedious!!!
    Superg

Post  Superg Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:51 pm

skiptx wrote:My game is crashing so much that it's practically unusable. Here's my strategy until they fix it: if someone has given me a gift that's really special, like a zodiac item or a quest item, I first totally exit the game. Single click home button, double click home button, hold down an icon until they all wiggle, and click the minus on the MM icon to quit MM. Then I relaunch MM and visit my gift wall. Very slowly click on the special gift, very slowly click to send a thank you gift, and exit the gift wall. Follow the above procedure to completely shut down the game again. Restart and repeat if there are other special gifts. Doing a shutdown and restart forces the game to save your progress including the special gifts, so even if you crash after that, you'll keep those gifts.

Tedious!!!

I reported the issue to GI and got the standard reply. However today I am not getting any mystery gifts.

Be careful with boss fights! After the update I started a fight in the General's bunker and I couldn't invite any friends. I had friends see if they could join by going to my yard and that didn't work either. Lost all my keys and the weapons I used trying to complete the fight on my own:evil: 
    xx Vix xx
    xx Vix xx

MM Name : xx Vix xx

New update July 10 v1.23 - Page 2 Empty Slowly.....!

Post  xx Vix xx Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:34 pm

skiptx wrote:My game is crashing so much that it's practically unusable. Here's my strategy until they fix it: if someone has given me a gift that's really special, like a zodiac item or a quest item, I first totally exit the game. Single click home button, double click home button, hold down an icon until they all wiggle, and click the minus on the MM icon to quit MM. Then I relaunch MM and visit my gift wall. Very slowly click on the special gift, very slowly click to send a thank you gift, and exit the gift wall. Follow the above procedure to completely shut down the game again. Restart and repeat if there are other special gifts. Doing a shutdown and restart forces the game to save your progress including the special gifts, so even if you crash after that, you'll keep those gifts.

Tedious!!!

If you open your gift box and accept a gift, wait until you can see your roamers (gypsies, robots etc.) moving in your manor before you accept the next one. It takes a while longer than before, but I havent crashed my game since slowing down Rolling Eyes 
    xx Vix xx
    xx Vix xx

MM Name : xx Vix xx

New update July 10 v1.23 - Page 2 Empty Gifting problems....

Post  xx Vix xx Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:43 pm

I am getting wall requests from friends that are greyed out, so I'm unable to send them. The only "fix" I've found is fully exiting the game and going back in. Anyone else having the same issues or found a better fix?
    Kazk

Friend Code : 2fdb3c
    MM Name : KazK

Post  Kazk Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Yes I've just come onto the board this morning to see if anyone else has has this problem. I hadn't thought to exit then recheck. Don't know why it's happening.
    lynnhas

MM Name : lynn

Post  lynnhas Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:41 pm

I am having the same problem with greyed-out wall requests, Vix.  I have found that completely exiting the game only brings them back sometimes.  Hopefully GI will fix all these problems with yet another update to the update.
    skiptx

Friend Code : 7d0e7c
    MM Name : skip

Post  skiptx Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:13 pm

lynnhas wrote:I am having the same problem with greyed-out wall requests, Vix.  I have found that completely exiting the game only brings them back sometimes.  Hopefully GI will fix all these problems with yet another update to the update.

I'm having this problem, too. Maybe this is all GI's way of preventing us from giving multiple copies of requested gifts.
    Mrs X
    Mrs X

MM Name : Mrs X

Post  Mrs X Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:56 am

slycreations wrote:not sure the order -- was cranking through them pretty quick.  These come after the ones mentioned, but I might have skipped one.

Collect the bar chair and shaker (coll 224) by banishing snatchin knights and generals -- so make sure you've saved up on those chocolate medals.

At the moment I'm stuck on Citrus-press (Bunker in Silhouette) and Mirroring ball (bunker at night) from the same collection.  Searched the bunker 7 times, but neither dropped.  (in spite of turtle and faithful heart).  

Before the bar chair and shaker you must find a guitar in the fortune telling room in silhouette and banish 15 vacuum robots.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Friend Code : f5d84d
    MM Name : Knitwit

Post  Poppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:06 am

juliebug wrote:Wonder how long is long for a friend to go to sleep? One pillowed friend of mine has been on vacation without internet for only 10 days.

I'm wondering about that too. I'm seeing pillows on a couple of people that I was fairly certain were active fairly recently. Hopefully it's at least 10 days of not opening game at all, or more.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:12 am

I do not know how to get champagne bottle to banish snatchin bartender? And some other thing to banish the snatchin stripper? From exploring? Nothing yet.

Last edited by Poppy on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct my info)
    rab

Post  rab Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:24 am

Poppy wrote:I do not know how to get champagne bottle to banish snatchin bartender? And some other thing to banish the snatchin stripper?  From exploring? Nothing yet.

From exploring. They drop like ice swords and other items for trading with the roamers in the yard.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:33 am

Oh, thank you! rendeer 
    pallhedge

Friend Code : 68d24c
    MM Name : wine/Rich/wine

Post  pallhedge Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 am

My game crashed while collecting gifts the day I updated. I made a mental note of what I knew was in there to be collected but was lost. I knew the problem was widespread but put a ticket through to GI anyway.

About 36 hours ago, I stopped getting thank you gifts. While this sucks, at least there's no more crashing. Lastly, some time in the last 10 or so hours, I'm fairly certain that the gifts that I lost reappeared in my gift box. I had plenty to collect this morning (more than I would have expected) and I did recognize the collection item that had been lost. I just need to confirm that the friend that I got it from didn't just send another. I dont think she did.
    Katyc

MM Name : katyc

Post  Katyc Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:41 am

pallhedge wrote:My game crashed while collecting gifts the day I updated.  I made a mental note of what I knew was in there to be collected but was lost.  I knew the problem was widespread but put a ticket through to GI anyway.

About 36 hours ago, I stopped getting thank you gifts.  While this sucks, at least there's no more crashing.  Lastly, some time in the last 10 or so hours, I'm fairly certain that the gifts that I lost reappeared in my gift box.  I had plenty to collect this morning (more than I would have expected) and I did recognize the collection item that had been lost.  I just need to confirm that the friend that I got it from didn't just send another.  I dont think she did.

I've also stopped getting ty gifts:) and also got quite a lot of gifts about four hours ago that I know friends had sent before. Really hope GI are going to fix this soon!
    slycreations
    slycreations

MM Name : slycreations

Post  slycreations Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:18 am

Mrs X wrote:
    Before the bar chair and shaker you must find a guitar in the fortune telling room in silhouette and banish 15 vacuum robots.

Thanks! I just banished a few gypsies for the guitar. Quicker than waiting for ti to drop from a room.
    Also -- I'm glad I had been saving up oil cans for a while. When GI decides to have us banish robots, they make us banish a LOT of robots.

I'm still stuck on citrus press/mirror ball quest. I've searched the new room enough times to get partially through the detective stage -- but only found the citrus presser so far. Mirror ball must only be available at a higher level. Searched the bunker 8 times, and it just wouldn't go into night mode. *sigh*
    slycreations
    slycreations

New update July 10 v1.23 - Page 2 Empty next quest in the string

Post  slycreations Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Finally!  
    Searched the bunker 8 more times to finally get it into night mode, and got the mirrored ball.
    The next quests are:

15. Find the Snatchin face-controller (in Japanese garden).
    16. Charge the 'Night in the Bar' collection.
    17. Explore the Library with Curse of the Stone Tongue.
    18. Dance with Eurydice (to gain entrance to the club).

(added)
    19. Search the club 3 times.
    20.  Dance with Rudolph (to gain entrance to the club)

And that ends the string of quests for this room.

Last edited by slycreations on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added end of quests)
    Arrowyn

Friend Code : 57ae90
    MM Name : Arrowyn

Post  Arrowyn Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 pm

The game taketh away & the game giveth. I sent 16 Pilgrim's Chests yesterday to friends to unlock. I got back 60! Multi-gifting from EVERY person & 99% of my friends do NOT multi-gift. Then I noticed that I had received a lot of 2 different chargers. I checked my request log & found that I had asked for those chargers on July 9! Today's haul was from friends who had already answered my 7/9 requests. Multi-gifting again from everyone. It's been like multi-Christmas today!

However, I also didn't receive any mystery gifts. I really hope the thank-yous I sent back from all those gifts today reach my friends...eventually.
    Peta123

New update July 10 v1.23 - Page 2 Empty Dance with Eurydice

Post  Peta123 Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:21 am

Can someone tell me how to do dance with eurydice? I have banished her many times & nothing happens?
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:01 am

Arrowyn wrote:The game taketh away & the game giveth. I sent 16 Pilgrim's Chests yesterday to friends to unlock. I got back 60! Multi-gifting from EVERY person & 99% of my friends do NOT multi-gift. Then I noticed that I had received a lot of 2 different chargers. I checked my request log & found that I had asked for those chargers on July 9! Today's haul was from friends who had already answered my 7/9 requests. Multi-gifting again from everyone. It's been like multi-Christmas today!

However, I also didn't receive any mystery gifts. I really hope the thank-yous I sent back from all those gifts today reach my friends...eventually.

Now that u mention it, I haven't had mystery gifts in 2 or more days either. Hmm.
    slycreations
    slycreations

Post  slycreations Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am

Peta123 wrote:Can someone tell me how to do dance with eurydice?  I have banished her many times & nothing happens?

To enter the club room you must have a "dance off". To dance with Eurydice or Rudolph means to successfully gain entrance to the club room by participating in the dance off. (similar to how you must 'heal' the general instead of defeating him to get in the bunker.
    PegWalt

Friend Code : a4b306
    MM Name : PegWalt

New update July 10 v1.23 - Page 2 Empty New Update 7/10

Post  PegWalt Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:53 pm

slycreations wrote:
    Peta123 wrote:Can someone tell me how to do dance with eurydice?  I have banished her many times & nothing happens?

To enter the club room you must have a "dance off".  To dance with Eurydice or Rudolph means to successfully gain entrance to the club room by participating in the dance off.  (similar to how you must 'heal' the general instead of defeating him to get in the bunker.

So that means to Start or Join a fight or dance, if you will, with them & your friends, correct? What do we need to start the dance to enter Club and how many keys to explore room and what are they and how do you get them? What are the weapons used in the dance & how do we get them? What is length of the dance? At what point in dance can't you invite friends?
    slycreations
    slycreations

Post  slycreations Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:08 pm

The "dance" (aka battle) requires participants to spend "passion". It takes 22000 points to complete the dance/battle and gain access to the room.
    This room does not use the regular anti-boss weapons... The only items that you can spend are the "Green Fiddles" collection (currently coll 228). The items in that collection drop from the snatchin bartender and the snatchin stripper. The bottom three require several hours to recharge... so you'll need lots of the passionate dancer and little fetish (both of which only drop from the stripper), or lots of diamonds to buy them in order to complete the dance.
    When you get invites to the dance, they are either for the Eurydice dance or the Rudolph dance... for the quests, you must join the correct character's dance, otherwise it won't count toward the quest.(the Eurydice dance comes a few quests before the Rudolph dance).
    Since the most powerful item only does 500 points, it's not really possible to battle this boss on your own. You'll need several players combined to get through.
    I can't recall what the point value was when the ability for new folks to join or to invite new folks was frayed out. I'm pretty sure we had folks joining past the halfway mark. My guess is that it is similar to the others, and once 65-80% of the damage is done, no new players can join.
    PegWalt

Friend Code : a4b306
    MM Name : PegWalt

New update July 10 v1.23 - Page 2 Empty new update 7/10

Post  PegWalt Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:52 pm

slycreations wrote:The "dance" (aka battle) requires participants to spend "passion".  It takes 22000 points to complete the dance/battle and gain access to the room.
    This room does not use the regular anti-boss weapons... The only items that you can spend are the "Green Fiddles" collection (currently coll 228).  The items in that collection drop from the snatchin bartender and the snatchin stripper.  The bottom three require several hours to recharge... so you'll need lots of the passionate dancer and little fetish (both of which only drop from the stripper), or lots of diamonds to buy them in order to complete the dance.
    When you get invites to the dance, they are either for the Eurydice dance or the Rudolph dance...  for the quests, you must join the correct character's dance, otherwise it won't count toward the quest.(the Eurydice dance comes a few quests before the Rudolph dance).  
    Since the most powerful item only does 500 points, it's not really possible to battle this boss on your own.  You'll need several players combined to get through.
    I can't recall what the point value was when the ability for new folks to join or to invite new folks was frayed out.  I'm pretty sure we had folks joining past the halfway mark.  My guess is that it is similar to the others, and once 65-80% of the damage is done, no new players can join.

Thanks so much for this information, most appreciated!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm