MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

5 posters

iPad users ?

ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

iPad users ? Empty iPad users ?

Post  ycul Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 am

Hi, am i correct in that everyone on this forum plays this game on their iPad? I have an ipad related ? I am still running my iPad 2 on IOS 4.3.5 Is there any advantage or disadvantage to me upgrading to iOS 5.1? I can't glean a good answer from the ipad forums. Should I or shouldn't I. I read some bad things about the upgrade and wonder if it's not a better idea to stay at 4.3.5 I may need to reset the settings to original on the ipad and reload my apps due to a crashing problem at MM. Will it automatically update to the new IOS?
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

iPad users ? Empty Re: iPad users ?

Post  pianofingers Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 am

Yes, I believe so. Those who play it on Facebook, chat about MM on Facebook groups and Facebook pages -- I guess because they're already there?

I tried the Facebook version, but didn't get far, because I didn't like that my real name was displayed, and that you can see everyone's real names too. I like the anonymity on the iPad.

However, it seems to be a much richer experience on Facebook, with more rooms and more quests and more things to find. Whereas on iPad, once you find the Emerald, you're done!
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 am

I upgraded to iOS 5.0, and then 5.1, and both were quite stable. It fixes battery life problems, and possibly app compatibility too. I also like the new improvements, like multi-touch gestures, and agenda, and iCloud syncing across all your devices. Awesome.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 pm

I am on 5.0.1 and haven't had any issues at all. I do know that iOS5.1 is more prone to Apps not updating (I peruse the Apple discussions all the time).

4.3.5, in my opinion, is very stable. I still use it on my iPhone. I don't really need the new features of 5.0/5.1.

If you refresh, your iPad will be update to 5.1. There is no turning back.
    Jae
    Jae

Friend Code : AskPlz

Post  Jae Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:15 am

pianofingers wrote:

However, it seems to be a much richer experience on Facebook, with more rooms and more quests and more things to find. Whereas on iPad, once you find the Emerald, you're done!

I thought this was a never ending game ~
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 am

It never ends, in the sense that you can keep playing and leveling up infinitely.

However, after the Emerald, there are no more quests. So you're pretty much done in terms of things to do - until the next update, which will probably have new quests, or at least something seasonal.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:31 am

pianofingers wrote:It never ends, in the sense that you can keep playing and leveling up infinitely.

However, after the Emerald, there are no more quests. So you're pretty much done in terms of things to do - until the next update, which will probably have new quests, or at least something seasonal.

After the Emerald? I've already found the emerald but then I unlocked the UFO room and have those quests. I think it was only the last thing because there was a bug where it was "uncompleteable" for a while. I also haven't received quests for a lot of the oceanic room items and collections. Do those show up too?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Many of the later rooms don't have quests for their items yet.

As of now, the game essentially ends after the Emerald and UFO access quests.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Admin wrote:Many of the later rooms don't have quests for their items yet.

As of now, the game essentially ends after the Emerald and UFO access quests.

Ah ok. I have a quest to charge the 3rd artifact now (and it's my only quest). Maybe that's one of the last ones... It would be more fun if there were other things to do in the meantime.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Yes, that is the final quest for UFO. Take your time with that one. Remember you will lose the artifact after you use it.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes, the Emerald is the last quest in the chain. And also charging the Galactic Nano Reactor is the last quest in the UFO chain. After those, there are no more.
    Jae
    Jae

Friend Code : AskPlz

Post  Jae Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 pm

pianofingers wrote:Yes, the Emerald is the last quest in the chain. And also charging the Galactic Nano Reactor is the last quest in the UFO chain. After those, there are no more.

Sounds like GI needs to come out w more quests quickly Wink

What keeps all of you playing if you've already completed the final quest?

pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Right now, I'm just playing to help my friends. They need certain items, so I send it to them. I've charged all my collections, but there are still a few empty spots here and there, so I'm trying to fill those up.

I still check my manor once a day, to get the Faithful Heart parts, to use up some energy so it doesn't overflow, to fulfill wall requests, and chat with friends so they know I'm still alive. Overall I'm just patiently twiddling my thumbs for the next update.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 am