MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+8
Soozicle
Wriglyville
PegWalt
LaVentosa
Mbstr8k
engineer
Admin
summerville
12 posters

If I could program the game...

summerville
    summerville

Friend Code : e8483e
    MM Name : summerville

If I could program the game... Empty If I could program the game...

Post  summerville Sun May 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if you could put your friends In The order you want them?
    And if your own wall post could appear next to your avatar on the friends list so people could go to your manor for specific things like "come in and wake my Helpers!". Or "please lend me a monkey". Or whatever you need ASAP. It would make the job of being a friend much more efficient wouldnt it? Just my random observation of the day.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

If I could program the game... Empty Re: If I could program the game...

Post  Admin Sun May 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Yes, definitely. I think Game Insight did not really anticipate players would acquire 100s or 1000s of friends. The current system works well if you have, say 100 friends. Not so much if you have 500 friends. With 1000 friends, everything becomes a chore.
    summerville
    summerville

If I could program the game... Empty Scrolling through friends...

Post  summerville Mon May 07, 2012 12:48 am

I can't think about 1000 friends right now! I have developed eyestrain from trying to look quickly through 400 friends to thank someone or remember to follow up on a trade. Can't say it makes me put down the iPad though..lol...I am truly addicted..my kids are starting to give me crap about it. Ironic to say the least.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Mon May 07, 2012 11:47 am

Kelly L wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if you could put your friends In The order you want them?
    And if your own wall post could appear next to your avatar on the friends list so people could go to your manor for specific things like "come in and wake my Helpers!". Or "please lend me a monkey". Or whatever you need ASAP. It would make the job of being a friend much more efficient wouldnt it? Just my random observation of the day.

What I would love is a "Send request to all friends over level XX" type of function. I'm getting tired of requesting charging items 1 by 1 and searching through for the friends I know are at the appropriate level. If I could hit 1 button that would allow me to ask for coconuts from all my friends over level 99 I would be a much happier camper!

If they totally went crazy, it would be fab to know which friends have the gifts unlocked too.... like "Send request to all players who can gift it" type of thing! I think that's too much to ask for though...
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

If I could program the game... Empty Jump to a collection

Post  Mbstr8k Mon May 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Besides the above suggestions, I'd like to be able to type in a collection number to jump to it right away....scrolling, scrolling, scrolling to get to higher collections is a chore. I'd be happy with a dragging scroll bar , too.:-)

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Friends...could order them by name, level, frequency gifted...could see their wishlist next to their name in friends tab

Collections....order them by unfinished collection, rewards given, how many times completed

Coins...able to purchase diamond items for a hefty coin price...like 1 diamond equals 1000 coins so I can buy a hefty dinner for 60000 coins

Avatar...could get one of a different race

Have the roaming things rotated out so I can get ninjas other than joe and get gypsy to come visit

Put a cap on friend amount because, no offense, you really don't need 300+ friends IMO.

Just some of my things to do...

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Being able to sort friends is great but with that I would add that your friend list, gift list and visit list all be in the same order!!!
    I would also increase the amount of gift/ collection that could be sent daily.

Last edited by sfinley ibrahim on Mon May 07, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cause I thought of something else:))
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon May 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Game Insight's goal really isn't to make it easy for us. The more difficult it is to do stuff like ask for gifts, the less likely people would do it - thus making them play longer and less patient, and more likely to spend real money.
    summerville
    summerville

If I could program the game... Empty Spending "real" money

Post  summerville Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

I admire the creators of the game for the way it is set up. There are many games like this ( free to install, takes money to get things you decide you need to make your game better). But I think MM is very beautiful, the collections are interesting and there is a feeling like when you are playing slots or doing a scratch off lottery card. I have to make a real effort not to just blow money when I am on a roll and want to keep going. Do I need to go to meetings?
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Admin wrote:Game Insight's goal really isn't to make it easy for us. The more difficult it is to do stuff like ask for gifts, the less likely people would do it - thus making them play longer and less patient, and more likely to spend real money.

This is true, but there is a fine line where one's patience is tested to the point where they say to themselves, "This is too tedious, I'm not playing this anymore." Where that line is, differs from person-to-person, but GI has to figure out that line so they don't push customers away.

BTW, I'd like to add to my wishlist....a better way to scroll through the collection gift list, so that I don't accidentally tap something while gingerly scrolling down the page to find an item. The pointer would be good to prevent this, I guess. :-D
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

If I could program the game... Empty one more thing...okay, two......

Post  Mbstr8k Tue May 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Forget putting my friends in order on the list, just give me a box that I can type in a friend's name and it will go straight to their name on the list!

That would be simple right? Very Happy

[BTW, you notice that the friend list is in a weird order, but if you click on an item to gift from your gift wall (while in your own manor), the friends list is in the order that they appear one after the other when visiting.]

a timer count-down for my reset.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 pm

I wish that when you receive a gift from a friend, you can visit their manor directly. This way, you don't have to look for them on your friend list (which is made much more difficult if they have a common name).
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu May 10, 2012 7:22 am

Mbstr8k wrote:Besides the above suggestions, I'd like to be able to type in a collection number to jump to it right away....scrolling, scrolling, scrolling to get to higher collections is a chore. I'd be happy with a dragging scroll bar , too.:-)

I'd love that too... well, after a while you know where to go, but it's annoying Evil or Very Mad nevertheless and it should really be a small addition...
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

If I could program the game... Empty Lvl 51

Post  Mbstr8k Thu May 10, 2012 8:39 am

I'd make it possible to get higher than level 51. Since you require 300 more energy each time you level up, getting those 50 extra energy bars for each friend you visit would be nice as your rep went up. :-)
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 am

Mbstr8k wrote:I'd make it possible to get higher than level 51. Since you require 300 more energy each time you level up, getting those 50 extra energy bars for each friend you visit would be nice as your rep went up. :-)

Agreed, or even if your friends just dropped corals or gravitons as you leveled up too. I have something like 11,500 runes now, so enough already!

Also, my current pet peeve has to do with the floating creatures... Why does the one I want always have to be directly under 3 others and I have to wait a couple minutes for it to "wander" away??? Also, why can't everyone's manor have the important ones?

I'd love it if the creatures could never stack on top of each other, if you could click on them even if they're floating over the UFO zone on a friend's manor page, and you could select which ones you want floating around your own manor. It's just too time consuming otherwise Sad

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri May 11, 2012 12:31 am

Not to mention that the UFO is on the 'top layer' so you cannot tap any monsters around the UFO area. So annoying!

Post  Guest Fri May 11, 2012 9:56 am

I would also change the font color for friends names when they send gifts. White on white is very hard to see!!!
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri May 11, 2012 10:44 am

Admin wrote:Not to mention that the UFO is on the 'top layer' so you cannot tap any monsters around the UFO area. So annoying!

Yep...this drives me bonkers. They all seem to gather there too, so you have to wait until they float away, and then wait until they aren't under another one!
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:09 am

LaVentosa wrote:
    Mbstr8k wrote:Besides the above suggestions, I'd like to be able to type in a collection number to jump to it right away....scrolling, scrolling, scrolling to get to higher collections is a chore. I'd be happy with a dragging scroll bar , too.:-)

I'd love that too... well, after a while you know where to go, but it's annoying Evil or Very Mad nevertheless and it should really be a small addition...
    I know, it's been said, but
    I WANT THAT SCROLLBAR! Mad
    I get crazy dragging in the collections window especially now with the new collections!
    One tap for every 50 or so collections would be ok also....
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:02 am

Scrollbars would be awesome!
    PegWalt

Friend Code : a4b306
    MM Name : PegWalt

If I could program the game... Empty If I Could program the game.....

Post  PegWalt Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:37 am

I like all the proposed ideas here, especially the scroll bars.

What I would like to see would be that the items in the "Send Collection" Gift List be placed in there in Collection Number order. I don't know how many times I have scrolled through there and missed the item I was looking for...more wasted time.

Another would be the ability to return to the last friend visited once you have returned to your own manor. If you don't have a wall message from the friend, then you have to find them in the Friend list. When the friend doesn't have the item I want to gift them on their Wish List, I don't like to scroll through my collections to find the item and accidentally send another item due to the small area to "push" through the list. So I go back to my manor and find it there and then return to friend and the gift shows when you open the collection box. It's much safer. Of course, if I already know what I want to give, then I set it up as I have stated, then I go visit friend and send it there. But, I think I just realized I could probably set up the gift in my collections and go find the friend in Friend list and hit the Gift button and the item would be right there. I just never gift much from there because I want to view the Friend's Wish List before I decide what to gift.

Sorry I got carried away on that one!
    Wriglyville
    Wriglyville

Friend Code : B740B1
    MM Name : Wriglyville

Post  Wriglyville Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 pm

How about something on each friends profile that said " last active on "00-00-00"" so you wouldn't waste your time sending out requests to friends that barely play anymore or who haven't logged on in weeks. This would also help one trim their friend list down. Personally, I like to keep my friend list under 200, but I don't have the time to keep track of the friends that I don't interact with on a regular basis, so I don't know if they really play all that much. Just a thought. :0)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Wriglyville wrote:How about something on each friends profile that said " last active on "00-00-00"" so you wouldn't waste your time sending out requests to friends that barely play anymore or who haven't logged on in weeks. This would also help one trim their friend list down. Personally, I like to keep my friend list under 200, but I don't have the time to keep track of the friends that I don't interact with on a regular basis, so I don't know if they really play all that much. Just a thought. :0)

That's a great idea. I still have friends who haven't updated or played in months. It's a chore to go through all of them (especially since it takes minutes to visit a friend).

Game Insight, are you listening?
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Wriglyville wrote:How about something on each friends profile that said " last active on "00-00-00"" so you wouldn't waste your time sending out requests to friends that barely play anymore or who haven't logged on in weeks. This would also help one trim their friend list down. Personally, I like to keep my friend list under 200, but I don't have the time to keep track of the friends that I don't interact with on a regular basis, so I don't know if they really play all that much. Just a thought. :0)

Love it!!
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:01 am

Another thought, what with the recent conversations...what if our occupations were actually different for each friend?? That would prevent all the bankers from feeling so excluded and from being deleted from friend lists. Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 am