MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+25
skiptx
Yumi
xx Vix xx
Juliette11
diana621
Jae
somemoorecats
JenMomma5476
Soozicle
whereisyellow
engineer
LaVentosa
Martino
Mooscrat
Jillllll
pianofingers
Mogul
Addicted
Debinapril
Dazza JP
Mbstr8k
Admin
Trekker
karen_ni
faff
29 posters

Time to delete friends?

faff
    faff

Friend Code : d70da1
    MM Name : faff

Time to delete friends? Empty Time to delete friends?

Post  faff Wed May 16, 2012 10:49 pm

How long are you going to give your friends to update before you delete them? I've been steadily deleting people for the last hour but thinking I may be too quick on the trigger. I'd say at least 1/2 of my 200 friends still haven't updated making it impossible to just scroll friend to friend.

Additionally, I can't seem to access some of my BFFs directly without crashing, so I go to the friend before or after to get to them. If those before or after haven't updated, they have to go. Am I a jerk?
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Time to delete friends? Empty Re: Time to delete friends?

Post  karen_ni Wed May 16, 2012 11:46 pm

I don't think so! I also find it annoying when I am trying to visit my friends (I only have around 50) and that is how I gift by looking at their walls and I am constantly having to jump around and try and remember who is after the person who hasn't updated yet. I have deleted a few today (again I deleted someone by accident, Jill, if you are reading this, SORRY! it was an accident). Anyway, I won't delete anyone though who is usually someone I communicate with often or who is still playing but hasn't updated for whatever reason. Mainly the few I deleted today haven't been very active for a while.
    Trekker
    Trekker

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : Trekker

Post  Trekker Thu May 17, 2012 12:02 am

It's been very interesting to see which ones have not updated their game. One person I know for sure is out of town, so no problem there. And another one I knew was in a different time zone so I knew they would not be updating immediately (they have since then).

But the others, well, I really hate to delete them (especially the one which is over 100 level), so I'm giving them a bit more time, though you are right, it does make it inconvenient to visit friends when you have to jump around all the time to get around the non-updated ones.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Thu May 17, 2012 1:23 am

Personally, I'll give friends a week.
    I'll probably go on some type of a purge next weekend.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Thu May 17, 2012 8:29 am

Trekker wrote:It's been very interesting to see which ones have not updated their game. One person I know for sure is out of town, so no problem there. And another one I knew was in a different time zone so I knew they would not be updating immediately (they have since then).

But the others, well, I really hate to delete them (especially the one which is over 100 level), so I'm giving them a bit more time, though you are right, it does make it inconvenient to visit friends when you have to jump around all the time to get around the non-updated ones.

I have my spreadsheet with all my friends listed in order of their manor. I have put a tic next to the ones who I couldn't reach and see the progression of who has updated as the week has gone on. I figured I'd give everyone until Sunday night (a full week) before cutting people. Some I know we're active the week before, because I received gifts from them, but others they were on my watch list anyhow. I am still getting "no server response" from a few people....like ycul. However, I can communicate with ycul through another friend, so we are trying to see what things we can try to get back into the manor directly. Unfortunately, 7 of my helpers have not upgraded. I already knew 3 were inactive. Problem is they are all experience or chance helpers at 15%. I'll probably keep them for that reason, since I know who is before and after them and can go to those people directly. It will be a pain, but i don't trust that I'll still get to have 15 helpers and at that level if I delete.

Interestingly, some of my pending people haven't updated either. I sometimes visit them to find snatchins or aliens. They will become friends as I delete, so I can keep my number of actives at around 100.

Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Thu May 17, 2012 10:09 am

Am trying to get to 500 friends to get the maximun amount for the achievement, I then plan to delete most of them to get me back down to a manageable level going forward.

Post  Guest Thu May 17, 2012 12:41 pm

I was going to post about this same issue. Now that I hear others saying the same I won't feel so bad deleting people.
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Thu May 17, 2012 1:25 pm

I am going to start deleting this weekend, I figure that's enough time. I feel OK about it actually as I know I have a lot of inactive friends. I was having problems with my wish list not updating and my helpers appearing to be asleep all the time so I was advised to shed some of my 1200 friends! lol I lost about 400 and my game started to run a lot better. Now I plan to get down to a more manageable 500. Sadly I am unable to use the synthesizer for the forseeable future and I still have to banish a few of those pesky robots. I am saving up my precious diamonds to buy lube oil, only another 40 cans to go.........argh!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Thu May 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Nobody should feel bad for deleting friends - you can always add new ones! Very Happy
    Addicted

Friend Code : 6edc34
    MM Name : Pal

Post  Addicted Fri May 18, 2012 1:42 am

I don't think some of the high level players are updating. I am friends with someone over level 200 and they haven't updated. Still playing because their level keeps climbing and has posted requests on my wall. I can only assume they are concerned that some of the "good bugs" have been fixed that have helped them to advance quickly.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Fri May 18, 2012 10:21 am

Addicted wrote:I don't think some of the high level players are updating. I am friends with someone over level 200 and they haven't updated. Still playing because their level keeps climbing and has posted requests on my wall. I can only assume they are concerned that some of the "good bugs" have been fixed that have helped them to advance quickly.

Do you have any common friends with this person? If so, you can write to them on their wall and ask via your common friend's manor...provided they have posted on your friend's wall. I did that with ycul. We were able to communicate that way about the delay in updating and then after that we talked about what to do because I started getting "no server response" when I tried to visit. We both completely rebooted and now we can visit normally.

I guess at that level they have enough energy to play without having to try and visit friends so it doesn't bother them. You can still request gifts from them though.:-)
    Mogul

Post  Mogul Fri May 18, 2012 11:17 am

Interestingly, some of my pending people haven't updated either. I sometimes visit them to find snatchins or aliens. They will become friends as I delete, so I can keep my number of actives at around 100.

I keep learning things on this forum in the most unexpected places. What do you mean by " I sometimes visit them (friends) to find snatchins or aliens"? Why would you want to find snatchins/aliens on a friend's page?

thanks
    carfar
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Fri May 18, 2012 1:09 pm

carfar wrote:

I keep learning things on this forum in the most unexpected places. What do you mean by " I sometimes visit them (friends) to find snatchins or aliens"? Why would you want to find snatchins/aliens on a friend's page?

thanks
    carfar

I don't have any aliens in my manor. I've only got the bookworm snatchins' and the female gypsy along with annoying robots. So, to banish any of those roamers I have to visit friends manors who have them. I've leveled up before just by banishing snatchins and aliens, so bankers friends are good for something (yeah! Me!). I have a list of the very few--only 2-- right now of friends who have the gypsy man and gypsy fowler. Sometimes, I even visit the friends of friends who are lower level to try and find the grubby snatchins, etc. higher level friends just don't have them.

Check out the banishing roamers guide under the guides heading on this forum to see what your rewards are. :-)

pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Fri May 18, 2012 2:09 pm

carfar wrote:Why would you want to find snatchins/aliens on a friend's page?

thanks
    carfar

Not everyone has the same monsters or creatures on their manor. Some have gypsies, some have ninjas, some have snatchins. Sometimes, a quest requires you to trade with or banish a specific creature, which are not on your manor. So you'll have to visit friends and check their manors, and you can banish them there.
    Jillllll
    Jillllll

MM Name : Jill

Post  Jillllll Fri May 18, 2012 11:00 pm

karen_ni wrote: I have deleted a few today (again I deleted someone by accident, Jill, if you are reading this, SORRY! it was an accident). Anyway, I won't delete anyone though who is usually someone I communicate with often or who is still playing but hasn't updated for whatever reason. Mainly the few I deleted today haven't been very active for a while.

I'll re-add you! I'm only playing on weekends, but consider me active!!

Jillllll
    Jillllll

MM Name : Jill

Post  Jillllll Fri May 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Will it be really clear who hasn't updated? So far I have been able to visit every friend, but I've only done about 30 of 192. Will I receive an error message telling me if a friend hasn't updated?
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Friend Code : 5DFF1F
    MM Name : Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Sat May 19, 2012 12:36 am

I definitely seethe update as a chance to purge...we've been keeping the ole list...but in excavating the ghost friends, found a super surprise of someone who has a ridiculous amount of gathers and rescuers still roaming, hi oh bonus - Away! tongue

I did notice that when you axe a current helper a new one shows up locked n a room...which is nice....btw is there a formula for how many time you can use a helper before they zonk out?

M
    Trekker
    Trekker

Post  Trekker Sat May 19, 2012 12:47 am

I think they can only be used once and then they're asleep. I've noticed though that I can use them several times sometimes, in which case I'm guessing that I've been visited while I've been exploring and some kind souls have awakened them even before I've left the room. I love it when that happens.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Sat May 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Trekker wrote:I think they can only be used once and then they're asleep. I've noticed though that I can use them several times sometimes, in which case I'm guessing that I've been visited while I've been exploring and some kind souls have awakened them even before I've left the room. I love it when that happens.

I've reused mine 5-10times in a row before they fall asleep. I can't imagine that that many people visit me that regularly. :-). I'm curious as well as to what makes them stick around longer. Seems to have improved as I've leveled up. Could there be a correlation?

I think I'm pretty lucky. Out of 110 friends, I've only had to delete 6 because they haven't updated. Don't worry Jill, I knew you were coming back, so you weren't even on the list! I've got 4 more that haven't updated, but won't delete because they are my 15% helpers. I deleted one banker helper who hasn't played in awhile and got a new helper immediately. I didn't even have to rescue them from a room.:-)

I got a No server response messages from a few friends, but I contacted them through another friend's wall to see if they were still playing. Ycul and I finally got that squared away by both shutting down and then coming back on. No replies, meant they were on the chopping block for this weekend.
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Sat May 19, 2012 1:43 pm

lol...i love the systematic 'are you on the chopping block' approaches we're all discovering. I feel like I should have posted a 'restructuring the manor' memo on my wall or something...

I do seem to remember someone telling me as you level up your number of 'helpers' is linked to your reputation just like the number of people you visit..and the percentage of help someone can be, which i think tops out at 15%??

I almost rarely max out uses except for the item finding helpers, as we only have two. However, I really wish they'd give us something good to spend the coinage on...anyone over 80 is probably a millionaire plus...

that and the damn snail tools...i would trade those slimers in as fast as diamonds spend...

what we need is an inside man to leak some formulae...hmmmm...

Trekker
    Trekker

Post  Trekker Sun May 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Well, I finally put the non-upgraders on the chopping block. There were 12 in all, 6 of them were my helpers. Should be interesting to see what I get in their place.
    Martino
    Martino

Friend Code : 170526
    MM Name : Martino

Post  Martino Mon May 21, 2012 9:14 am

Trekker wrote:Well, I finally put the non-upgraders on the chopping block. There were 12 in all, 6 of them were my helpers. Should be interesting to see what I get in their place.

Hi Trekker,

Friend Jilllllllllllllll (formerly known as Jill) has posted a post earlier about this;

"Okay I just deleted three friends that were helpers, and the game is adding new helpers in the order in which they appear when visiting friends - so, when I visit Friend1, and I click the next Friend2 in the bottom right, then Friend3 in the bottom right, etc.

This order is different from my actual Friend list when I tap the "Friends" icon.

I hope that makes sense!"

Here is the thread it was in;
    http://www.mmuff.com/t94-locked-friend-in-a-room-of-my-manor

So, you can see in advance (and plan) which kind of helpers you get back.
    Maybe I become your helper in this way?

Greets Martino
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon May 21, 2012 10:26 am

Once I get to 500 and get the highest achievement and the various chests for doing this, I will trim this back down to 100.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Mon May 21, 2012 11:46 am

Dazza JP wrote:Once I get to 500 and get the highest achievement and the various chests for doing this, I will trim this back down to 100.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. The rewards on the way to 500 aren't great though, but the chest at the end is! Life of the party chest includes the snatcher catcher's cheat, and 3x turtle of fortune.

I've got the achievement chart done, but Admin is trying to help us figure out how to post on the site, since it is in excel and quite large. 28 achievements x 5 ribbons each!
    Mooscrat
    Mooscrat

Post  Mooscrat Mon May 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Mbstr8k wrote:
    Dazza JP wrote:Once I get to 500 and get the highest achievement and the various chests for doing this, I will trim this back down to 100.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. The rewards on the way to 500 aren't great though, but the chest at the end is! Life of the party chest includes the snatcher catcher's cheat, and 3x turtle of fortune.

I've got the achievement chart done, but Admin is trying to help us figure out how to post on the site, since it is in excel and quite large. 28 achievements x 5 ribbons each!

Actually I also started an excel masterlist in google docs...thought about just making a mmuff@gmail to store the google docs into and then admin or whoever could just share to the email address if anyone wants to use/update the file?

what do you think of that?

i used to write gscript back in the day for an online rpg when they was all text based...and creating a masterlist spreadsheet was that best thing ever for people being able to have a solid resource to make their own whatevers...

just throwin out hunches Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:13 am