MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

4 posters

Mystery Gift rumor debunked

Soozicle
    Soozicle

Mystery Gift rumor debunked Empty Mystery Gift rumor debunked

Post  Soozicle Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Ive been gifting like mad today, got through almost my whole friend list (visiting and going off wish lists only, I had some that didn't have anything in their wish lists or i didnt have anything on there, those got skipped -good case for always having a low level charging item in there!!). The number gifted is in the high hundreds for sure. Finally I oopsed myself up to 10 collection items so I stopped. I was doing it without asking friends not to send mystery gifts intentionally trying to get "warned".

Anyway, in one sitting, I counted how many mystery gifts I accepted, and it was almost 100. I had already accepted at least 50 more (all in the same 'game day' -I still haven't reset for the day). Nada. No errors, no warnings, nothing. I can't imagine it's physically possible to gift much more than I did today. Every time I've ever heard the rumor it's always someone saying it happened to someone they knew or a friend of a friend, never someone I know directly. I consider this evidence that it's just that... A rumor. rabbit
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Mystery Gift rumor debunked Empty Re: Mystery Gift rumor debunked

Post  Camille Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:27 pm

I don't think 100 mystery gifts is that much. Sorry.

One of my MM friends claims to have sent 300x the four charging items you need for Heart of Africa to one person in one sitting. I don't know if it is true as it wasn't me Razz but he is very generous with gift giving - I could easily send 100 thank yous back to him per day. I'd imagine GI would be targeting that kind of multi-gifting.
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Well I would say total for the day would be closer to

Last edited by Soozicle on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:42 pm

By the way I just assumed he did, but did he get a warning after that?

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Until I see evidence (myself getting the warning or screenshot showing about MG's) I will believe it is hype and/ or the warning is for other reasons.
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Soozicle wrote:By the way I just assumed he did, but did he get a warning after that?
    I agree that over 2000 gifts to the one person in a 24 hour period is OTT. If this in fact happened it was a while ago, before claims that GI was cracking down on multi-gifting, so no he didn't get a warning.

ETA: I've mentioned the warning thing to him, he continues to gift as before (and I send him all the mystery gifts back as he is unconcerned about any sanctions GI might take) and hasn't mentioned receiving any warnings etc
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:34 pm

CamilleMM wrote:
    Soozicle wrote:By the way I just assumed he did, but did he get a warning after that?
    I agree that over 2000 gifts to the one person in a 24 hour period is OTT. If this in fact happened it was a while ago, before claims that GI was cracking down on multi-gifting, so no he didn't get a warning.

ETA: I've mentioned the warning thing to him, he continues to gift as before (and I send him all the mystery gifts back as he is unconcerned about any sanctions GI might take) and hasn't mentioned receiving any warnings etc

Well then, it's settled! The proof is in the pudding... Mystery (Thank) Gifts are NOT the cause of people being banned. The rumor was probably started by either GI themselves or people who are uptight about "fair game play". Fair game play would be that 30 diamonds didn't cost $4.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Soozicle wrote:
    CamilleMM wrote:

Well then, it's settled! The proof is in the pudding... Mystery (Thank) Gifts are NOT the cause of people being banned. The rumor was probably started by either GI themselves or people who are uptight about "fair game play". Fair game play would be that 30 diamonds didn't cost $4.

And you must not forget that ten flashlights are now 40 diamonds and the flashlights only work half the time!!
    Camille
    Camille

Post  Camille Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:18 pm

Going off topic. The economics of the game are crazy. If they want to stop multi-gifting then resetting the gift counter should be something like 1 or 2 diamonds not 10. I'd happily spend a diamond a day to send 100 gifts instead of 50, no way would I conisder sacrificing 10 diamonds on a regular basis. Don't get me started on 6 diamonds for one flaming skull. Evil or Very Mad
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:18 am

CamilleMM wrote:Going off topic. The economics of the game are crazy. If they want to stop multi-gifting then resetting the gift counter should be something like 1 or 2 diamonds not 10. I'd happily spend a diamond a day to send 100 gifts instead of 50, no way would I conisder sacrificing 10 diamonds on a regular basis. Don't get me started on 6 diamonds for one flaming skull. Evil or Very Mad

It's just all pure greed on behalf of the developers. Removing multigifting would be as simple as doing one of two possible very easy fixes to block it from happening up front. It's been happening so long and is so widely known, yet it isn't fixed yet... my guess is that is so because a) they're really shotty developers, I mean REALLY SHOTTY or b) they know new players will take a bit to catch on to it, will get frustrated, and buy packages of diamonds to get past certain levels. I know I did that until I figured it out, but they'll not be getting another cent from me. They know if they take it away from us older players we'll probably just get frustrated and quit rather than spend any more money. If they cause the base to leave in droves like that they'd have crickets of their own to deal with. The kind that kill mobile device games. Seen it happen.
    gherkinkhan

Post  gherkinkhan Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Soozicle wrote:
    CamilleMM wrote:Going off topic. The economics of the game are crazy. If they want to stop multi-gifting then resetting the gift counter should be something like 1 or 2 diamonds not 10. I'd happily spend a diamond a day to send 100 gifts instead of 50, no way would I conisder sacrificing 10 diamonds on a regular basis. Don't get me started on 6 diamonds for one flaming skull. Evil or Very Mad

It's just all pure greed on behalf of the developers. Removing multigifting would be as simple as doing one of two possible very easy fixes to block it from happening up front. It's been happening so long and is so widely known, yet it isn't fixed yet... my guess is that is so because a) they're really shotty developers, I mean REALLY SHOTTY or b) they know new players will take a bit to catch on to it, will get frustrated, and buy packages of diamonds to get past certain levels. I know I did that until I figured it out, but they'll not be getting another cent from me. They know if they take it away from us older players we'll probably just get frustrated and quit rather than spend any more money. If they cause the base to leave in droves like that they'd have crickets of their own to deal with. The kind that kill mobile device games. Seen it happen.

Got me, some of the economics in this game are guesswork and maybe comparable to other free games. It's a pretty slick game despite or sometimes because of all it's glitches. The developers do need to be paid after all. The robot quest is insane, that one stands out as odd, turning people off the game rather than on to it, there are others as well. It's also shoddy, not shotty.

shoddy
    1862, "having a delusive appearance of high quality," from earlier noun meaning "wool made of woolen waste, old rags, etc." (1832), of uncertain origin.

I'm curious how you know the fixes to the multi gifting issue. Crap, this may come off wrong, please take this for what it's worth. I have worked on iOS development, and it's not trivial. A million smilies now. I actually think it's smart for them to leave it in, there are idioms in game theory that back this up. As you mentioned, it would be silly to close all the loopholes. Smile

Alright, I so don't mean to denigrate your post, take this in the spirit I meant it.

Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:44 pm

gherkinkhan wrote:
    It's also shoddy, not shotty.

shoddy
    1862, "having a delusive appearance of high quality," from earlier noun meaning "wool made of woolen waste, old rags, etc." (1832), of uncertain origin.

I'm curious how you know the fixes to the multi gifting issue. Crap, this may come off wrong, please take this for what it's worth. I have worked on iOS development, and it's not trivial. A million smilies now. I actually think it's smart for them to leave it in, there are idioms in game theory that back this up. As you mentioned, it would be silly to close all the loopholes. Smile

Alright, I so don't mean to denigrate your post, take this in the spirit I meant it.

LOL I know, I originally wrote it as shoddy and went back to change it so that all you'd have to do is replace the o with an i and you'd get something closer to what I really wanted to say Laughing True story, it really wasn't just a misuse of a word, I promise!!

Maj. G
    Maj. G

Mystery Gift rumor debunked Empty I wasn't BANNED, but they took away my Multi-gifting abilities!

Post  Maj. G Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:07 pm

I posted this ealier and later found out I was wrong! It was actually a change in the server speeds. I thought I had updated my posts, but I missed this one. I am now gifting again.....AND accepting Mystery gifts! Please accept my apologies for the misinformation. This is one instance were I was very happy to be wrong. ; )

"I defiantly continued to multi-gift, accepted mystery gifts, and even posted on my wall that it was just a rumor. Then whammy... Today my peeps were only getting single gifts, if any despite my successful send on multiples. "

So, all is well on gifting. Hopefully the hysteria will wear off and we can "thank" all of our friends properly with gifts again.
    Maj. G
    Maj. G

Post  Maj. G Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 am

Ha....spoke too soon! Just after I posted, the infamous update from hell arrives and we lose our superpowers..... Shocked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm