MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+52
Avis
xoxo DONNA xoxo
Cyprus31
EsmereldaF
Demdike
bex1
Cynthia RTR
Rthurits
Linh UFF
shibby
Debinapril
Sharbee
Cher0126
Brescot
engineer
VaMags
Ina
Augusta Frog
paulinelhg
bluntmutt
Addicted
dartagnan627
Soozicle
puertokelly
tatteredlace
cssconstruct
welcome33
Connie-pia
slycreations
candyglam
lell
chilli
Shadowcat
fartface
justmoi
Kristi927
gemfinder
jill4444
Victoria
Evilmoo
Savannah123
andreamritschard
Torynn
Glynk
mlle. scarlett
oneble
Dug
Chickenchick111
brenda.honeycutt
DanW77
Essex girl
Dazza JP
56 posters

Another update

Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Another update - Page 4 Empty Re: Another update

Post  Shadowcat Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:52 am

Addicted wrote:Is everyone losing the gifts that they have not accepted when they update? I've been hoarding some miso soup and filets for the quest that needs twenty of each. I am almost to that quest and don't want to lose them just by updating!

I had heard that rumor and was worried, because I had some of the alcohol I was hoarding for the next quest, but it came through the update just fine.

I am not having anything new in the way of freezing problems, not when sending or receiving gifts or from wall. I am seeming to have more "you need Internet connection" issues though.
    Augusta Frog
    Augusta Frog

Friend Code : 087f1a
    MM Name : Augusta Frog

Post  Augusta Frog Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:05 am

One of the gifts I'd paid to unlock (the aspen branch) is now no longer available on my gift list. Anyone else had this issue? I also don't have the option of gifting flaming skills. Can still do it from my wall, but can't send unless asked.
    Evilmoo
    Evilmoo

MM Name : Moo

Post  Evilmoo Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:14 am

Augusta Frog wrote:One of the gifts I'd paid to unlock (the aspen branch) is now no longer available on my gift list. Anyone else had this issue? I also don't have the option of gifting flaming skills. Can still do it from my wall, but can't send unless asked.

As you go up in levels the gift screen randomly changes so you will still be able to gift them if asked but they won't always show up for you to send
    Essex girl
    Essex girl

Friend Code : 9dad21
    MM Name : Charlie

Post  Essex girl Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 am

gemfinder wrote:
    puertokelly wrote:If I can't use friend codes to get diamonds, this game will become a MUCH smaller consumer of my time. I played for months trying to get oil cans and finally had to buy them to finish that quest. No diamonds, no multi gifts, no infinite energy, no Kelly.

Just left a 1 star review to that effect too Kelly.

Hopefully they will take note as the star rating plunges them down the Apps list.

I think this may be the way forward. If enough prople leave scathing reviews and the ratings plummet, so will the number of new players. As more of the regulars seem to be quitting each day, maybe a ratings crash will kick GI into touch a bit.
    Ina

Post  Ina Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:43 am

Shadowcat wrote:
    Addicted wrote:Is everyone losing the gifts that they have not accepted when they update? I've been hoarding some miso soup and filets for the quest that needs twenty of each. I am almost to that quest and don't want to lose them just by updating!

I had heard that rumor and was worried, because I had some of the alcohol I was hoarding for the next quest, but it came through the update just fine.

I am not having anything new in the way of freezing problems, not when sending or receiving gifts or from wall. I am seeming to have more "you need Internet connection" issues though.

Thank u shadowcat. I also have some soup, fillets and tiramisu in my gift list and afraid to update. I guess i will update now Very Happy
    VaMags

MM Name : Mags (w/Rose)

Post  VaMags Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:59 am

Ina, let us know how your update goes with the gifts, please. Very Happy
    puertokelly
    puertokelly

Friend Code : 6e8569
    MM Name : Kraleyipad MMF

Post  puertokelly Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:23 am

I didn't lose my hoarded gifts.
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 am

I can't stand it either. I have been mostly quiet on the other updates, because even though they fixed some glitches, things were functional and I had new quests (yay!) HOWEVER, this update is sooo painful I wan't to throw the iPad away.

I tried to play last night and could barely get through all my wall requests in a single night because it kept freezing for 30 seconds at a time and then popping up a million "internet connection required" error boxes after every freaking gift I sent. I'm POSITIVE they've done something to try to prevent multiple wall gifts. But the ironic thing is, of the few gifts I was able to send off, I was getting 6+ mystery gifts back whereas before I was only ever able to send 2 or 3. So they've completely screwed up that one for everybody involved.

Accepting gifts, as you all know, has turned into an endurance event as well. "Gift send" box still pops up, erroneous "Thank You" for mystery gifts, and the thing I didn't realize until last night--You have to click the "accept" button, and only the button in order to get your gift. Before, I was able to scroll through a million just tapping on the pictures, but for some UNKNOWN REASON they've decided to limit your tapping area?? Little stuff like that has just made me wonder what the hell were they thinking?

Another one--the animation when you charge a collection...who thought that was a good idea? I can picture this conversation happening: "You know, I know our game has a lot of problems, but you know what I'd really like to do? I'd like to add more features that slow down game play, add nothing to the game, cause more crashes, that none of our customers have asked for, and aren't even executed that well." "Yeah, sounds great!"

Sorry for the rant, but honestly, what were they thinking?? I mean, I like the olympics event, but if it comes at the cost of not being able to play and visit friends--NO THANK YOU!
    Evilmoo
    Evilmoo

Post  Evilmoo Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:51 am

Well said Engineer - I agree completely

Seems like GI are employing monkeys....
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:53 am

Evilmoo wrote:Well said Engineer - I agree completely

And using us as game testers rather than testing their own code before releasing it to the public...
    Evilmoo
    Evilmoo

Post  Evilmoo Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 am

engineer wrote:
    Evilmoo wrote:Well said Engineer - I agree completely

And using us as game testers rather than testing their own code before releasing it to the public...

That's what I said to them in my complaint - test the bloody updates before you unleash it on us

Why do they keep screwing around with the things that work - if it ain't broke - don't fix it!!!
    Evilmoo
    Evilmoo

Post  Evilmoo Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 am

As i thought - the same reply from GI we always get.....

Marina Lind, Aug 10 18:50 (MSK):
    Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!

My name is Marina and I am here to assist you the best way I can. Will you please provide me with the following information so I could have a deeper look into your problem:

1) Your UDID
    To find it open iTunes on your computer. Select device when it appears in the left column. Click the Summary tab. The serial number will be displayed. Click Serial Number, and the Identifier (UDID) will appear. Please, note that your device needs to be plugged into your computer (the info will not show up unless device is plugged in).
    2) Game version installed.
    3) Your device version (iPad or iPad2).
    4) iOS version.
    5) Your device crash reports (Use the following link to find them http://blog.redshedtechnology.com/sending-crash-reports-to-a-developer/)
    6) Any more information about your issue.

Thank you for playing our game!
    Looking forward to help you out!

Your Support team,
    Marina Lind

Evilmoo73, Aug 09 22:43 (MSK):
    Hi

I updated my game earlier and now it just keeps crashing. It either freezes and goes off or I keep getting the 'not connected to the Internet' message.

Also it keeps freezing on the gifts received screen and then crashing

Also the friend code box is gone - how can we add friends to get the 500 friends achievement if we can't add any?

Why oh why don't you test the updates before you keep spoiling this game.

Asking friends for gifts is terrible because they disappear off the list, then it resets and they reappear but it keeps saying 'you've already asked your friend for a gift'

I think all the players have been very patient but sadly patience is running out. It's not a good enough game to keep putting up with all the glitches

Not good :-(
    puertokelly
    puertokelly

Post  puertokelly Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Here's the response to my ticket:
    Michael Pastorius, Aug 10 20:31 (MSK):
    My name is Michael and I am more then glad to help you.

Our engineers have identified the error and are working on the problem to take necessary steps and eliminate the issue in the upcoming updates. Meantime to avoid the issue, please do not tap the "Thanks" button after receiving Mystery gifts.

Although the request is marked as solved, it might require us some time to fix everything. We shall do our best to implement appropriate changes in future updates. Please, stay tuned and keep an eye on news and upcoming game versions.

If you have any other game issues or get some additional information regarding this problem, please, feel free to contact me any time and open a new request. Thank you for choosing our application!

Your Support team,
    Michael Pastorius
    Brescot
    Brescot

Friend Code : F6a748
    MM Name : Scobre the boycotter

Post  Brescot Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Soozicle wrote:
    puertokelly wrote:If I can't use friend codes to get diamonds, this game will become a MUCH smaller consumer of my time. I played for months trying to get oil cans and finally had to buy them to finish that quest. No diamonds, no multi gifts, no infinite energy, no Kelly.

I was just thinking the same thing. I can't even keep enough energy to search rooms and finish quests, let alone visit friends and tip them (as if I had built up enough strength anyway). Just as I suspected, I'm starting to lose interest because I can't actually do ANYTHING but wait. My best guess is they're trying like mad to force anyone not willing to pay for diamonds completely out of the game.

Well it may work because I'm losing interest really quick right now.
    Cher0126
    Cher0126

Friend Code : 07890f
    MM Name : Cher

Post  Cher0126 Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Dug wrote:When you accept a mystery gift, a thank button comes up. When i hit it, nothing happens. It appears that it is a glitch. Anyone else seeing that also?

It actually freezes my game/ have to get out/back in. The way I am getting around it is to note which gifts are thank you gifts and not "thank" them for the thank you gifts, otherwise I can't do anything.

Soo... if I don't thank anyone who is sending me real gifts, it is totally in error and means I didn't capture correctly in my head. Embarassed Sorry!

Sharbee

Post  Sharbee Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Too complicated to quote. But in line with Evilmoo and puertokelly:

Basically, I downvoted their App on the Store and made scathing comments re: latest few update changes. Funny how I don't see my review, but lots of 5 star reviews. Newbies or GI spys!

Their rating is down to 2.5 stars now though on current version. Kick them verbally, lets show them they can't get away with destroying the game for GI Greed!

Chickenchick111

Post  Chickenchick111 Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:03 pm

I got a similar but much longer reply to puerto Kelly from the same guy, sadly it came through on my phone and was so rubbish that I deleted the email and can't post it here but the gist was the same, we know you're all pissy with us but wait, we are laid back in Russia and will do it when we want. I replied telling him that as I player who buys diamonds weekly as I cba with getting code already used message that the last two updates make me feel exactly that I'm now being forced to buy tokens for room entry as drop or exchange character is so rubbish, also now not being able to run artefact with coin buy bronze Phoenix but able with golden Phoenix, clearly tells me that they want my diamond buys for stuff that was free when I started the game in June and if there is no update amending the current status of greedy game development that I for one will be another lost player to them and knowing that I'm among the rare players who purchase 69 quid of diamonds when they have a bank offer with a chest (detective for room access or collectors for charge items) I'm not certain I'm the player they want to lose. awaiting his reply which I'll make sure I put up here.
    Have completed the Olympic quests now, was fun if I'm honest and I'll kinda miss the snatchin body builders face after the times up. You have to charge five of each collection to get a chest of stuff. What I did find that was good was that a collectors chest I got way before the last two updates that has fifty of each item, I expected it just to have the original collections but it opened with the pirate stuff and the Olympic charge items too so if anyone's sitting on a chest, open it
    Dug

Friend Code : 99e2d8
    MM Name : dug

Post  Dug Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Over on FB, GI is saying that they removed the friends code due to an Apple regulation.
    Don't think I am buying that load...
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 pm

engineer wrote:I can't stand it either. I have been mostly quiet on the other updates, because even though they fixed some glitches, things were functional and I had new quests (yay!) HOWEVER, this update is sooo painful I wan't to throw the iPad away.

I tried to play last night and could barely get through all my wall requests in a single night because it kept freezing for 30 seconds at a time and then popping up a million "internet connection required" error boxes after every freaking gift I sent. I'm POSITIVE they've done something to try to prevent multiple wall gifts. But the ironic thing is, of the few gifts I was able to send off, I was getting 6+ mystery gifts back whereas before I was only ever able to send 2 or 3. So they've completely screwed up that one for everybody involved.

Accepting gifts, as you all know, has turned into an endurance event as well. "Gift send" box still pops up, erroneous "Thank You" for mystery gifts, and the thing I didn't realize until last night--You have to click the "accept" button, and only the button in order to get your gift. Before, I was able to scroll through a million just tapping on the pictures, but for some UNKNOWN REASON they've decided to limit your tapping area?? Little stuff like that has just made me wonder what the hell were they thinking?

Another one--the animation when you charge a collection...who thought that was a good idea? I can picture this conversation happening: "You know, I know our game has a lot of problems, but you know what I'd really like to do? I'd like to add more features that slow down game play, add nothing to the game, cause more crashes, that none of our customers have asked for, and aren't even executed that well." "Yeah, sounds great!"

Sorry for the rant, but honestly, what were they thinking?? I mean, I like the olympics event, but if it comes at the cost of not being able to play and visit friends--NO THANK YOU!

I couldn't agree more. I think you've said exactly what I wanted to say. I've stuck with this game for nearly 8 months and have been really patient with all of the nonsense we've had to put up with but really I am getting to the end of my tether now. I have a number of turtles and once I've used them up I think I'll be calling it a day unless things improve a lot!
    Chickenchick111

Post  Chickenchick111 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:07 pm

My reply re friend code was that the server was having problems with some technical issues and social features such as friend codes have been temporarily removed. 'the game will be working correctly pretty soon' that's pretty vague huh but I'm assured 'in the meantime I should continue to enjoy my game and a fix will soon be available'
    The last part makes me laugh, WE HAVE MARKED YOUR ISSUE AS RESOLVED AS IT IS ON OUR FIX LIST. ohhhhhh cos my version of resolved is when it's fixed not when it's marked TO BE FIXED.
    Evilmoo
    Evilmoo

Post  Evilmoo Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Yet on Facebook it says they have removed codes because it violates Apple terms and conditions???!!!

Omg they are rubbish...almost laughable really
    puertokelly
    puertokelly

Post  puertokelly Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Many people have asked for the to post what part of Apple's policy they are violating. Disney still uses friend codes on Hidden Chronicles and stuff. I call BS on that one.
    shibby

Post  shibby Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Chickenchick111 wrote:My reply re friend code was that the server was having problems with some technical issues and social features such as friend codes have been temporarily removed. 'the game will be working correctly pretty soon' that's pretty vague huh but I'm assured 'in the meantime I should continue to enjoy my game and a fix will soon be available'
    The last part makes me laugh, WE HAVE MARKED YOUR ISSUE AS RESOLVED AS IT IS ON OUR FIX LIST. ohhhhhh cos my version of resolved is when it's fixed not when it's marked TO BE FIXED.

That seems to be in conflict with what they are saying on facebook:

Mystery Manor: Hidden Adventure
    Dear all,

We are concerned about your opinions on the gift & friend codes cancellations. We have to inform you that this is the official Apple policy for all the developers & publishers using Apple AppStore. As we are law-abiding and well-intended people, we should comply with the new Apple rules with all due respect.
    Right now, we are seeking for the new ways to encourage our loyal players without breaking any terms and conditions. Stay tuned, and we'll be happy to address your needs!

I wonder which it is, a server problem, or a compliance issue?
    shibby

Post  shibby Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:43 pm

I call "shenanigans" on this whole thing confused. These guys seem like a bunch of carnies (no offense to carnies).
    Chickenchick111

Post  Chickenchick111 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Ok so I don't know if this'll work as I'm using my phone but I got his email from trash folder, hoping it'll copy n paste, here goes....

Dear Bigbeast_1999,

We are going to go ahead and mark your request as solved. If you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reply to this email and we will gladly further assist you.

Michael Pastorius, Aug 10 19:03 (MSK):

My name is Michael and I am glad to help you.

Our engineers have identified the error and are working on the problem to take necessary steps and eliminate the issue in the upcoming updates. Meantime to avoid the issue, please do not tap the "Thanks" button after receiving Mystery gifts.

Although the request is marked as solved, it might require us some time to fix everything. We shall do our best to implement appropriate changes in future updates. Please, stay tuned and keep an eye on news and upcoming game versions.

Due to some technical works on game server such social features as friend codes and promo codes are temporarily unavailable. Our specialists are aware of the issue and are working to fix it as soon as possible so you could continue to enjoy your game. Please, stay tuned and keep an eye on our news. The game will be working correctly pretty soon.

If you have any other game issues or get some additional information regarding this problem, please, feel free to contact me any time and open a new request. Thank you for choosing our application!

Your Support team, Michael Pastorius

Bigbeast_1999, Aug 10 01:35 (MSK):

Hi, Since new update there is a blank screen in the services tab where the friend code add was, meaning I can't add anyone. Also there is a glitch with the gift window on return mystery gifts where it asks you to now thank the sender but this action freezes then crashes the game. I spend a lot on diamonds, in fact the max 69.99 on a Friday each week and have progressed steadily over the time I've had the game and I thoroughly enjoy playing it but not being able to add friends to even get the achievement award is bad. I work hard to get the final chest for level five achievement and was working toward the three hundred friends goal but now it's impossible since the Olympic update today. Any news on an update to fix the recent bugs on this one? Thanks, Sarah aka bert monkey bum in mm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am