MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

5 posters

Golden Phoenix doesn't always last 90 mins

acamp123

Golden Phoenix doesn't always last 90 mins Empty Golden Phoenix doesn't always last 90 mins

Post  acamp123 Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:41 am

I use a Golden Phoenix to speed up the time it takes to replenish my power. It's supposed to last for 90 minutes and cut down the time from 3 minutes to 30 seconds per unit. I activate G. P. and leave the game. Sometimes when I return to the game, I find the G. P. has been used up but I don't have nearly as much power as I should. It doesn't always happen, so I know it's not because I leave the game. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong? Help would be appreciated, as I don't want to waste G. P.'s if I don't have to.
    pallhedge

Friend Code : 68d24c
    MM Name : wine/Rich/wine

Golden Phoenix doesn't always last 90 mins Empty Re: Golden Phoenix doesn't always last 90 mins

Post  pallhedge Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:58 am

It only works while the game is running. Sometimes when you leave MM, the game will continue to run in the background so the phoenix will continue to do its thing. That's unpredictable though.
    acamp123

Golden Phoenix doesn't always last 90 mins Empty Re: Golden Phoenix doesn't always last 90 mins

Post  acamp123 Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks for your response, however, I should have clarified that I do shut down the game sometimes, and when I come back later, the Phoenix is still there, working fine. Other times, it's gone. Also, I don't have the problem with the other charms I use. It doesn't seem to have to do with whether the game is actually running, at least not for me. It just seems weird....
    Poppy
    Poppy

Friend Code : f5d84d
    MM Name : Knitwit

Post  Poppy Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:01 am

I use my golden Phoenix's often when I'm not playing, to boost my exp. do it all the time.
    I just assumed they worked, they seem to be. I'm going to leave the game open when they're running (from now on), just to make sure. I'm almost positive they still work. That's my 2 cents anyway. Sleep 
    zin

Friend Code : c4cb33

Post  zin Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:35 pm

acamp123 wrote:I use a Golden Phoenix to speed up the time it takes to replenish my power. It's supposed to last for 90 minutes and cut down the time from 3 minutes to 30 seconds per unit. I activate G. P. and leave the game. Sometimes when I return to the game, I find the G. P. has been used up but I don't have nearly as much power as I should. It doesn't always happen, so I know it's not because I leave the game. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I doing something wrong? Help would be appreciated, as I don't want to waste G. P.'s if I don't have to.
    All the energy speed ups work the same way, they will run when the game is minimised or shut down but you will only gain the benefits if you re-enter the game before they expire, otherwise it will be like it was never running.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 am

I tested it. Ran a Golden Phoenix with 10 energy and turned off iPad. (Not all the way off), left app open.
    In 90 minutes I had 177 energy. At the normal rate of one point every 3 seconds I would have had only about 25-30 of energy. But I did leave the app open. Hope that helps anyone else who is wondering about this.
    zin

Friend Code : c4cb33

Post  zin Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 am

Poppy wrote:I tested it. Ran a Golden Phoenix with 10 energy and turned off iPad. (Not all the way off), left app open.
    In 90 minutes I had 177 energy. At the normal rate of one point every 3 seconds I would have had only about 25-30 of energy.  But I did leave the app open. Hope that helps anyone else who is wondering about this.
    Did you test it by letting it expire before checking back? Like I said if it expires before you check back into the game you won't get the 177 energy you will get the 25-30.
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Oh, I see what you are saying. And honestly I don't know if it was still running when I checked back in. It must have been if I got the larger amount of energy. I guess further testing is needed!
    Abemom2

Friend Code : 64d84e
    MM Name : Abemom2

Post  Abemom2 Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:19 am

I did test it both ways...opened game and missed end by about 5 minutes...normal energy restoration, no bonus. Then used another and came back with about 1 minute left and had big bump to energy as expected. Thanks for the explanation...I have been wondering why sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt!
    Poppy
    Poppy

Post  Poppy Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Abemom2 wrote:I did test it both ways...opened game and missed end by about 5 minutes...normal energy restoration, no bonus.  Then used another and came back with about 1 minute left and had big bump to energy as expected.  Thanks for the explanation...I have been wondering why sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt!

You tested it both ways! Awesome. I guess now we know. I was wasting a lot of them by running them when I would stop playing. But if we run them while we're playing, we don't really see all the energy if we are using energy exploring. Darn it, I liked running one when I quit playing for a little bit to boost my energy!
    But based on the test, IF I open the game before the 90 minutes is us, I should receive the extra energy? This turned into an interesting topic. flower 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 pm