MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+36
khames5
xoxo DONNA xoxo
Sharbee
Jan0809
NicmcKenna26
dondave
sunnyind
Shadowcat
tatteredlace
Camille
Savannah123
Mogul
Rik
lilymwang
AllisonPJ
karen_ni
pao
Misato
paulinelhg
Torynn
DebbyM
sjblencoe
hippolyra
pianofingers
Kelbelle123
sygon
LaVentosa
BittyBrain
PegWalt
Labflask
Mbstr8k
Trekker
ützel
Dug
Dazza JP
Samc147
40 posters

The new quests and Zombies that started about 30 minutes ago.

sjblencoe

The new quests and Zombies that started about 30 minutes ago. - Page 2 Empty Re: The new quests and Zombies that started about 30 minutes ago.

Post  sjblencoe Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Still no new quests for me !!!!! Any ideas ? Have visited friends and cleared rooms in my Manor, don't know what else I can do ?
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

The new quests and Zombies that started about 30 minutes ago. - Page 2 Empty Re: The new quests and Zombies that started about 30 minutes ago.

Post  LaVentosa Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 pm

pianofingers wrote:BTW, an additional word of advice: Hang on to your seashorses and Blackbeard pirates! They're getting to be rare, as they don't seem to come back on your own manor anymore after being banished. Instead, find them on someone else's manor and banish them there, and keep your seashorses and Blackbeards. That way, your manor will be attractive to others, and people will visit you just to find them. Smile
    Exactly the person I wanted to read here. Do tell: IS it possible to keep the zombie creatures as well? None of my friends has more then 1 vampire or the others... (suppose it's the same with Blackbeard& seahorse? - banish only if there's 2 of them?)
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 pm

No, the zombie didn't stay after the quest, even if I banished it elsewhere.

However, if you go to a friend whose level is below 12, and they have a lot of bookworms and hungries, just keep banishing those and a few monsters will appear in their place (temporarily). One of them might be a zombie.

A word of caution: don't waste your axes on the regular zombies unless you're done with the Vicious Zombie quest (the one that requires 100 axes)!
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:13 am

hippolyra wrote:Where do the pilgrim hats for banishing Uncle Snatch for the independence day quests come from? I had some. Seems like it might be a cheap source of silver suns?

one of my friends has just managed to return 6 chests to me too which is an unexpected bonus.

And does anyone know the gifting level for the tea, band and silver dollar?

Gifting level for the tea is low. I requested and received from friends who are level 26 and level 28 ( not opened by diamonds). American Anthem is level 99.

Not sure about the band and the silver dollar. But, I requested silver dollars from my level 40-60 friends and received with no problem.

If you have a turtle of luck use it while exploring. A pilgrim hat drops almost every time!:-)
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

The new quests and Zombies that started about 30 minutes ago. - Page 2 Empty Banishing zombie roamers

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 am

I haven't banished one zombie from my manor or my friend's manors. I've banished all of them by going to the potential friends list and entering the one who has the lowest level. Every time I got a new quest, I went back and they had whatever the newest character I needed to banish. :-)

Bonus, the one I used also had two males gypsies..... And of course the uncle snatchin.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:08 am

Mbstr8k wrote:I haven't banished one zombie from my manor or my friend's manors. I've banished all of them by going to the potential friends list and entering the one who has the lowest level. Every time I got a new quest, I went back and they had whatever the newest character I needed to banish..
    I'm confused. I really am. confused
    what difference does it make whether you banish it from a friends manor or a potential friends manor?
    As I see it it's like this:
    1) When the one zombie I need for a quest is floating around my manor it is mirrored in every manor I visit, (nevermind it being a friend or a potential one.) I never saw a manor with two of the same zombies floating about.
    2) I know, If I want to keep gypsies, Ninjas, Blackbeard or Seahorses as attractions in my manor, I'm only ever to banish _one_ in a friends manor if there's _two_ of them floating about.
    3) I know, if I'd banish the 10th/last of a quest from my manor, it would dissapear and get replaced by the next one. But - so far the same happened when I banished them on friends manors (there being only one).

The only theory of a friend of mine I haven't yet testet, is that to keep the 10th in my manor, I first should banish something else (snatchin, Gypsie, whatever) in my manor (to have "free space"), then go visit someone and banish the 10th at his manor. Come back and tataaaa... the old one should be still in my manor, and the new one as well.
    'll try that with my next turtle, but perhaps someone else already did?

I know, this might be annoying me getting tied over that theme, but as I already didn't get it with the Ninjas... Rolling Eyes
    DebbyM

MM Name : Canadian Deb

Post  DebbyM Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Anyone getting flare guns? I've levelled twice and haven't gotten a single one Sad
    hippolyra

Friend Code : Ae750b
    MM Name : Hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 am

I am shattered. Sleep

Went on a turtle run last night, infinite energy etc. gathered about 250 pilgrim chests and banished and banished all the zombies, and levelled up at least 10 times as some of them drop huge amounts of experience when you banish them

Need to to another run soon to complete al the quest and to have infinite energy for all the banishings. I have about half the collection items needed for all the zombie quests, and need a few more bits to finish 4th July. Once 4th July is done I'll sit on chests until I get 500 friends and then have a prune, and then send chests for opening as I am hoping they will still work after the event end like the Easter eggs.

I have more than enough turtles and suns to keep me going for a fair while now. When I started playing I really planned when to use them, now I do not mind that much if I only use 3 hours of the turtle.

The infinite energy trick is a very good way to get to know a new room too. Search it 20 times and you then can find everything every time.

Who is the uncle sly snatchin? I found him in a friend's manor?
    Torynn

Post  Torynn Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 pm

I need advice on gift giving etiquette during events. Usually, at the end of each day, I send a free gift to 50 friends (less those that already gifted to my wall). With the event on, when I did this the first day, the next morning about 25 requests hit my wall for chests and flaming skulls.....I couldn't gift them back for over 12 hours.

So I've decided not to proactively send free gifts (except coll.items, I can do those, they don't interfer) for the duration of the event so when someone requests to my wall I can return it promptly. How do u guys handle this?
    hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Torynn wrote:I need advice on gift giving etiquette during events. Usually, at the end of each day, I send a free gift to 50 friends (less those that already gifted to my wall). With the event on, when I did this the first day, the next morning about 25 requests hit my wall for chests and flaming skulls.....I couldn't gift them back for over 12 hours.

So I've decided not to proactively send free gifts (except coll.items, I can do those, they don't interfer) for the duration of the event so when someone requests to my wall I can return it promptly. How do u guys handle this?

I send 49 free gifts in the evening, (I am in the UK) and then I can still gift from my wall at any time.

I am currently whacking a chest off to whoever requests anythiing as I know they are playing at that moment. (I work for home and the iPad sits next to my desk all day) I have loads of non playeres in my friends list, but do not want to prune to I reach the 500 achievement. But am also wary of sending chests to non players.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:16 pm

@Torynn: I was thinking the same - I stopped the "free-gifting" for now - save for those I just giftet per wall request, because most players Smile sent those requests only once a day and that way I can sent out much more then I could otherwise. because

@hippolyra: I can't gift wall requests I already sent a free gift on that day, and as I always loose track when my counter resets, i can't coordinate to "prior" and "after" the clock
    I'm having the same problems with the non players in my friends - mostly though because they stop my play-flow. i'm already waiting for the moment I've had it bounce and start deleting them - achievement be d***ed.. Rolling Eyes
    hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:46 pm

My reset is at 6pm uk summertime. Which I am thinking is midnight in Russia?

Maybe I should send free gifts with my afternoon tea break then?

Do we think the pilgrim chests will carry on being able to be opened and collection charged after the end of the event?

Although the mystery gifts you get in return are useful from free gifting for compasses when you are in a rush to search as much as poss with infinite energy.

Torynn

Post  Torynn Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:36 pm

I've traded the Pilgrim hat to the sly snatchin guy twice......he doesn't give u a chest, don't fall for it!
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:57 am

Torynn wrote:I've traded the Pilgrim hat to the sly snatchin guy twice......he doesn't give u a chest, don't fall for it!
    Yes, there's a thread about that in the questions/answers section. Here - that's the reason why one should get the decl. of independence not immediately...
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Post  paulinelhg Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:58 pm

LaVentosa wrote:
    Mbstr8k wrote:I haven't banished one zombie from my manor or my friend's manors. I've banished all of them by going to the potential friends list and entering the one who has the lowest level. Every time I got a new quest, I went back and they had whatever the newest character I needed to banish..
    I'm confused. I really am. confused
    what difference does it make whether you banish it from a friends manor or a potential friends manor?
    As I see it it's like this:
    1) When the one zombie I need for a quest is floating around my manor it is mirrored in every manor I visit, (nevermind it being a friend or a potential one.) I never saw a manor with two of the same zombies floating about.
    2) I know, If I want to keep gypsies, Ninjas, Blackbeard or Seahorses as attractions in my manor, I'm only ever to banish _one_ in a friends manor if there's _two_ of them floating about.
    3) I know, if I'd banish the 10th/last of a quest from my manor, it would dissapear and get replaced by the next one. But - so far the same happened when I banished them on friends manors (there being only one).

The only theory of a friend of mine I haven't yet testet, is that to keep the 10th in my manor, I first should banish something else (snatchin, Gypsie, whatever) in my manor (to have "free space"), then go visit someone and banish the 10th at his manor. Come back and tataaaa... the old one should be still in my manor, and the new one as well.
    'll try that with my next turtle, but perhaps someone else already did?

I know, this might be annoying me getting tied over that theme, but as I already didn't get it with the Ninjas... Rolling Eyes

I tried to banish a monster in a friends manor (its the last one for the quest) and once i returned back, the monster disappeared. another quest took its place with that monster in my manor.

I banished 9 dreadful manic and went to a friend , level 17, saw only one dreadful manic, but many snatching and gypsies. I banished gypsies until 2 dreadful manic appeared and upon return to my manor. It is still here.

cheers

Misato
    Misato

Friend Code : 776936

Post  Misato Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi I'm new to the forum and have several questions:

1. Just finished the quest to banish 10 zombies and now have the "Let's Rattle some Bones" quest. I'm assuming we need ten of the Cranius Vulgaris but I only have one bat. Will I still be able to do this after this event ends and do i have to have a turtle to get the skull? I only have a few turtles so im saving them till I can banish a lot of things at once.

2. Will all the new collections still be there? The ones for the Van Helsings etc I don't have any of those items yet and I've been focusing on the Fourth of July event.

Do I just need to bit the bullet and go ahead and use a turtle before these events end? I don't have a lot of banishing items yet or a day any time soon I can devote hours to play at once. I don't know how ya'll get so many turtles!

By the way I've been reading these forums for a few days and you all seem so nice and helpful. Glad you're here.

pao

Friend Code : 8b1092
    MM Name : PaO

Post  pao Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Misato wrote:I don't know how ya'll get so many turtles!

Not exactly answer to your questions - but if you need more turtles - easy, fast and relatively cheap way is to buy collection 123 - "Van Helsing's Arsenal" For price of 15 diamonds you get 5 turtles, 5 phoenixes and some experience.
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Has anyone finished banishing all of the required monsters? I think I am on the last one (the savage pirate) and I was wondering what happens once you are done? Do the weapons still drop from the rooms? Just curious. I don't want to finish and find out that I can't banish monsters anymore or that weapons will stop dropping.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:11 pm

@karen, I'm finished with banishing all the monsters. The last ones are the Phantom Knight, the Dark Knight, and the Dark Adept / Priestess of Chaos.

Don't worry, weapons will still continue to drop from the rooms even after your quests are over.

In fact, the drop rate of weapons increases after a quest. It seems MM makse it harder to find a specific weapon that you need for your current quest, but when that quest is over, it drops in waves!
    karen_ni

MM Name : Karen

Post  karen_ni Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:08 am

pianofingers wrote:@karen, I'm finished with banishing all the monsters. The last ones are the Phantom Knight, the Dark Knight, and the Dark Adept / Priestess of Chaos.

Don't worry, weapons will still continue to drop from the rooms even after your quests are over.

In fact, the drop rate of weapons increases after a quest. It seems MM makse it harder to find a specific weapon that you need for your current quest, but when that quest is over, it drops in waves!

Thanks for the info! Am I close to being done (need to banish my last Savage Pirate still)? I am running out of things to charge, charge items and coins!
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:35 am

karen_ni wrote:Am I close to being done?

Still several monsters to go, such as the Swamp Monster (so save those flare pistols). If you want to be done quickly, search for weakened monsters in friends' manors and banish those instead of yours. But if you want to extend playing time by several more days, banish as you normally would. You might regret using shortcuts, because then you'll be left with no more quests and nothing to do. Sad
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 pm

DebbyM wrote:Anyone getting flare guns? I've levelled twice and haven't gotten a single one Sad
    as pianofingers stated before - they drop mostly in rooms with phenomena.
    In fact, after I realized that, I made a point to turtle up and search my manor in a way to bring out a lot of phens. I got one every time. I've had 2 drops without a phen and they were both rooms in nightmode (which makes kind of sense for a flare...)
    DebbyM

MM Name : Canadian Deb

Post  DebbyM Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:22 pm

How do you bring out phenomena?

Post  Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:50 pm

DebbyM wrote:How do you bring out phenomena?

Read this thread for details on how to bring out phenomena

http://www.mmuff.com/t208-how-to-bring-out-phenomena
    hippolyra

Post  hippolyra Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:05 pm

Unless I play for 6 hours a day plus the challenge is over I simply do not see how I can ever finish this. I only have one certificate and have been going at it full tilt ever since it started

Am I missing something obvious?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:09 am