MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+74
tatteredlace
paulinelhg
StahlBS
momma
Tomqh
Chickenchick111
gailg
Ms scarlet
Jae
Ruthmmforum
Carol Cohen
MMaddict
Camille
sarah
Brooke17724
Avis
WaccaWacca!
Cynthia RTR
shtene
Kristi927
SJ
brenda(Doglover)
iPadKersty
FranzKrueger
Trekker
Mogul
Laura
pianofingers
engineer
Jade
karen_ni
Phungu
yellowrose16
dartagnan627
Dazza JP
CJ
msheresy
sunnyind
PegWalt
Shadowcat
hawkeyegirl
Rallie
Lynn
Holley
cnote
HannahMhairi
MarcR
Taz
Mbstr8k
DanW77
pinktickle
Sakura
JenMomma5476
Annaupos
at
kk_mm
Kinsey
Ann H
Jamedon
LaVentosa
Admin
Jrodtig
ycul
strawberrie
Kyfyang
Cakediva
Carriejh77
Amanda
Snookie
Matens52
Gator5cat
John doe
BittyBrain
QueenVictoria
78 posters

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Jrodtig
    Jrodtig

Friend Code : Eff0c6
    MM Name : Jrodtig

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 6 Empty Re: Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Post  Jrodtig Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:55 am

Kinsey wrote:
    QueenVictoria wrote:Baby! You have bachelorette #1 waiting to keep you up. LOL!

Kinsey meet jrodtig! LOL!

We met earlier this evening! Lol..first guy on here I didn't scare right away affraid

Well now I see your avatar on here...afraid to look! Medusa hair! Will I turn to stone?
    Kyfyang

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 6 Empty Re: Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Post  Kyfyang Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:58 am

Oh...my Queen, you are so nice to me and I couldn't ask for more Smile I will share the love with others Smile
    Kinsey
    Kinsey

MM Name : Kinsey

Post  Kinsey Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:01 am

Jrodtig wrote:
    Kinsey wrote:
    QueenVictoria wrote:Baby! You have bachelorette #1 waiting to keep you up. LOL!

Kinsey meet jrodtig! LOL!

We met earlier this evening! Lol..first guy on here I didn't scare right away affraid

Well now I see your avatar on here...afraid to look! Medusa hair! Will I turn to stone?

Only in all the right places Wink

Sorry QV for hijacking your thread (bows to the queen)
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

MM Name : Queen Victoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:02 am

Okay if you're sure? Take care and have fun then Smile
    Don't miss me too much! Smile
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:04 am

LOL! It's okay Kinsey, you'll have lots of fun with jrodtig! Go play! Lol! Smile
    Kyfyang

Post  Kyfyang Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:05 am

Don't miss you too much? Can't help with that Smile
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:08 am

You make me smile! Smile
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:17 am

@ Kinsey

Jrodtig will come out to play another day, I promise! It's midnight where he's at Smile
    Jrodtig
    Jrodtig

Post  Jrodtig Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:25 am

I have a feeling Kinsey will be loads of fun! Smile
    Kinsey
    Kinsey

Post  Kinsey Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:38 am

QueenVictoria wrote:@ Kinsey

Jrodtig will come out to play another day, I promise! It's midnight where he's at Smile

That's ok...we are in the same time zone!
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 am

LOL! I believe so too! PM each other will ya? Not on this thread. LOL!
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:43 am

Oh lol! Perfect then! So goodnight to you both! Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Post  Admin Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 am

This thread has become a virtual online matching service. Look at what you have done Queen! Exclamation
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:42 am

I'm sorry! LOL! I had nothing to do with it! LOL!

I told them to PM, see? I might lose integrity on my posts! LOL!
    kk_mm

MM Name : kk DoNOTBuy

Post  kk_mm Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:22 am

You all are so funny! Razz

Your highness, thanks for sharing your game experience and good tips! Wish you're still paying...well will hope some new quests may have the magic to lure you back to the game Smile
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 6 Empty BECOME A GOOD MM FRIEND

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:28 am

HOW TO BECOME AN MMBFF

@ Jamedon - here are my musings at your request.

This is, by no means, the gold standard for being a good MM friend but it was my attempt.  I am positive there are people out there who treat their friends better than I do & we are all open to suggestion.  

My rules of thumb are as follows: 

1. Foremost, I guess, and the rule to live by is to practice common courtesy & human decency.  Let's not lose sight of the fact that we are dealing with real people & are in competition with no one really. What's the prize? A good ego trip? How sad is your life if you have to get that from a free game?
    I am not friends with any of the top 5 players but of all of them I admire Zidane10 the most coz he has, by far, the highest reputation, which means he takes time to visit & tip his friends.  I'm sure they're all good people but from the outside looking in, that is playing smart while keeping in line with what a good human being should be so he will always be #1 to me Smile

2. Always gift back - I gift back anyone who sends me anything - whether it's one charge item or one collection item, whether they leave a message or not.  
    I do scratch my head at people gifting me drills! LOL! C'mon people, at 300 do you really think my laboratory is still closed? I laugh & gift them back anyway coz I pity their ignorance.  After all, your generosity is not about getting anything back.  From your email, I think you just want to be kind to your friends.  So be generous to a fault!      

3. Visit ALL friends at least once a month - when I do my bonus visits I will tip & gift everyone.  You'll know the order of your friends by how they appear in the 'ask a friend' box.  So start with the first person there.  When you're done with your bonuses, just remember at whose manor you stopped.  I have a notebook where I write such things down. 
    When I'm busy, like during the new moon event (that was one bitch of a quest - sorry I'll bleep myself LOL), I only look for friends under level 70 to visit coz they need the most help.  Be good to low level players. Even if you think they are just using you. We can't teach greedy people to be generous by denying them right?  The human effect we're hoping for is that they eventually develop a more generous nature too when they are ready.

4. Have respect for cultural differences - I just remind myself that we're dealing with different cultures & a lot of players who are non-English speaking ones can come off as rude.  I always give them the benefit of the doubt that something gets lost in translation.  
    I have encountered some who don't want to post messages because they are embarrassed by their English.  But maybe because I've visited them a few times that they feel compelled to post a message & first thing they always say is 'I'm sorry my English is not good but thank you' Sad  And for all we know, our English may be rude to them as well when translated in their language.
    In the story of Helen Keller, they experience triumph over communication challenges because, to quote, "everyone responds to love".  

5. Be tolerant of the idiosyncrasies of people - people are lovely, dynamic creatures because their uniqueness will always surprise you in a good way. But everybody has their bad days.  
    Someone told me once, remember the day when you were biting everyone's head off even when unprovoked.  Try to remember what you were going through.  In all likelihood, you were having grave personal, financial or career troubles.  Maybe they're having one of those days & deserve compassion.  So practice leniency at all times! 

6. Don't ostracize non-multigifters - I can't look down on non-multigifters.  In fact, my take on that is, they actually sacrifice more when they gift because they are limited to 10 collection items & 50 charge items. And they have chosen to gift you!  So I make sure I send them a whole lot of love especially if their level is under 100.

7. Consider special requirements like Monkeys, Ikebanas &room assembly items - I will always try to leave as many as needed. Like I know they need 20 monkeys so I will leave that or 10 ikebanas if it's on their wish list. If their wish list are like ac's or lead collars, I leave a message asking how many of each they still need. (uhem - I have a lot of diamonds to drop my counter - LOL!  I plead the 5th!)

8. Tipping - I tip everyone coz I'm an explorer and except for maybe 3 people who asked me not to tip, most say yes. To manage your strength, I start my visits towards the end of my level so I level up just when my strength is about to deplete.  Or I charge a few Beach Entertainment sets (#82) for 3 barbells per charge.  You won't run out.

Finally, be kind to everyone even those whom you feel don't deserve it.  You could be wrong.  
    So I hope this is useful and have answered your query. Have a great game and enjoy! Happiness can be created! 

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:33 am

kk_mm wrote:You all are so funny! Razz

Your highness, thanks for sharing your game experience and good tips! Wish you're still paying...well will hope some new quests may have the magic to lure you back to the game Smile

Thank you, kk! I hope it helps you in some way. And I'm sorry, I do have crazy friends but I love them all Smile
    kk_mm

MM Name : kk DoNOTBuy

Post  kk_mm Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:40 am

QueenVictoria wrote:
    kk_mm wrote:You all are so funny! :P

Your highness, thanks for sharing your game experience and good tips! Wish you're still paying...well will hope some new quests may have the magic to lure you back to the game :)

Thank you, kk! I hope it helps you in some way. And I'm sorry, I do have crazy friends but I love them all :)

You certainly helps me a lot, thanks! Never in my wildest dreams I wound come out with such game play! You're so wonderful :D
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 am

Well then I'm glad!

Have a wonderful game Smile
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm

Awesome post QV!!!
    Jamedon
    Jamedon

MM Name : Jamedon

Post  Jamedon Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:16 pm

Yes thank you so much! Not sure if you got my email back...it kept saying it wasn't going through, but I - like everyone else think you're wonderful and appreciate all the great advice!!
    Jrodtig
    Jrodtig

Post  Jrodtig Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:02 pm

You are doing a great job with all your advice Queen V.
    Your power reins on even outside the manor!

Keep them coming. I low you have more to share!
    Jrodtig
    Jrodtig

Post  Jrodtig Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:04 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:LOL! I believe so too! PM each other will ya? Not on this thread. LOL!

My apologies on the out of context messages earlier...
    Just couldnt help myself. Smile
    Kinsey
    Kinsey

Post  Kinsey Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Jrodtig wrote:
    QueenVictoria wrote:LOL! I believe so too! PM each other will ya? Not on this thread. LOL!

My apologies on the out of context messages earlier...
    Just couldnt help myself. Smile

Me either..sorry Wink
    Will behave
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:07 pm

LOL! It's okay CKC, even before, you know I kept my wall rated G. LOL!
    Well not always successfully but I tried and wall posts are easier to erase! LOL!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 am