MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+5
Debinapril
Dazza JP
Sakura
pianofingers
Admin
9 posters

New strategy: Don't level up?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

New strategy: Don't level up? Empty New strategy: Don't level up?

Post  Admin Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 pm

So, since Game Insight has stated that drop rate depends on player level.. I have been thinking about minimizing experience gained from my room searches.

Whereas in the past, I always tried to maximize the experience I get by stacking all sort of charms - now, I am pondering what true benefit there is to being high level. Sure - you get a few diamonds and you get more energy. As it stands now, I have 600+ energy. This is enough for me to do what I need to do daily.

What does everyone else think?

New strategy: Don't level up? Empty Re: New strategy: Don't level up?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:14 pm

So I'm assuming the drop rate decreases with level increase yes? Well, how do you not level up? Even if you only searched the living room and traded for all your items you would still level up. Also, this is meant to be an everlasting game. I know it has a lot of issues but when it works it's fun. Shouldn't it at some point be more bout fun then strategy?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:50 pm

True. My whole point is this:

By the time most players get to the higher level rooms (Oceanic, UFO, etc) they'll be pretty high level which means the chance of them getting items from those rooms are lower. This will be true for all future rooms that will be added to the game.

Since searching later rooms require items (corals, seeds, etc), it is most beneficial to have these rooms give the highest drop rate for all the room items. As it stands now, I almost never do these rooms without a Turtle of Luck and a Helper that gives me additional drop chance increase.

I guess my point is - there really is no benefit to being higher level, and could hurt room searches.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:54 pm

I used to be able to want to level up so that I could gift certain items, e.g. palm leaves. And then, my next goal was to get my reputation to 51, so that I could leave 10% Explorer tips.

Now, my goals are to get Expert in every room and to complete my collection. It's not about leveling up anymore.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 am

I guess newer players should consider this strategy then:

Once you have:
    - unlocked most level 99 free gifts
    - reached Expert level for rooms that do not require search items

Then - try to minimize experience gain if your goal is to complete your collection.

But then again, I'm sure there will be updates that require higher levels for room access and item gifting...
    Sakura
    Sakura

MM Name : Sakura

Post  Sakura Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 am

pianofingers wrote:I used to be able to want to level up so that I could gift certain items, e.g. palm leaves. And then, my next goal was to get my reputation to 51, so that I could leave 10% Explorer tips.

Now, my goals are to get Expert in every room and to complete my collection. It's not about leveling up anymore.
    Yes I think I agree with you. The first time I played I wanted to level up faster and open as many rooms as possible but then I know that it's useless. My goal is to achieve expert level for all room. Still hold one room till now:)
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 am

I want to be level 199 ready for the next summer season so I can gift divers masks lol
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:29 am

This is new to me, I never knew the drop rate decreases with level. Having thought about it I can honestly say that I haven't noticed a difference (currently L126) then again I never search without a Turtle running. I rarely get the message that I've found nothing at all and usually 2 or 3 items drop/room. I don't think it's a concern for me, my aim is to get to the next achievement level - 150. Very Happy
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:30 am

Dazza JP wrote:I want to be level 199 ready for the next summer season so I can gift divers masks lol

You go! I hope we're still friends then! ha ha
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:54 am

Debinapril wrote:
    Dazza JP wrote:I want to be level 199 ready for the next summer season so I can gift divers masks lol

You go! I hope we're still friends then! ha ha

you are 15 levels ahead of me.....race you lol
    CheezerWhizzer

Post  CheezerWhizzer Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 am

I also haven't noticed a decrease in drop rate and I'm almost to 150 myself. With a turtle running(and really, do I ever not have a turtle running if I'm exploring rooms?) I drop at anywhere from 2-7 items per room. I have done that consistently since level 99. There may be a drop rate, but it doesn't seem significant.
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:09 pm

I haven't noticed a decrease either from being under 100 to now being over 100.
    pianofingers
    pianofingers

Post  pianofingers Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Same here, my drop rate has always been constant, regardless of level. It only varies depending on what charms I use, and not what level I'm in.

Which makes me wonder why GI made that statement. scratch Perhaps they wanted to discourage players from advancing too much, back in March/April, because they knew we would soon run out of quests? Sneaky eh?
    engineer
    engineer

Post  engineer Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 pm

pianofingers wrote:Same here, my drop rate has always been constant, regardless of level. It only varies depending on what charms I use, and not what level I'm in.

Which makes me wonder why GI made that statement. scratch Perhaps they wanted to discourage players from advancing too much, back in March/April, because they knew we would soon run out of quests? Sneaky eh?
    Haha you think they thought that far ahead?? I think they'll just say whatever they can to shut complaining players up.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:34 am

When I started playing, it did feel like the first 20 or 30 levels or so did affect drop chance. After that, it seem pretty consistent.

Regardless, I've stopped trying to catch up with everyone. I'm a slow-poke now Very Happy
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:19 am

Admin wrote:Regardless, I've stopped trying to catch up with everyone. I'm a slow-poke now Very Happy
    Aww... you are not alone Smile As i don't use a lot of diamonds to finish the quests (I have used the fcs but once for the oilcans...), It goes slowly for me - the last few times I was even surprised about the lvlup, as I hadn't even looked at the exp-bar Embarassed
    Soozicle
    Soozicle

Post  Soozicle Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:08 pm

You know what's funny, when I first downloaded MM all I wanted to play was the hidden objects game... I liked the Where's Waldo apps and figured it'd be a good time waster when I was bored. I quickly got aggravated at how much of everything BUT that I was doing, trying to level up as fast as I could thinking that I'd get more chances to play the rooms at a higher level (by then I was hooked!). I just started playing a month or so ago and in the past week I've been zooming up there... starting by figuring out the infinite horseshoe gag until I ran out of charging items and now with the quirks that've been found. I'm up to 92 and now that I have ways to get pretty much all the energy I'd ever want to explore, I'm tired of exploring the same rooms over and over! My interest keeps changing re: what aspect of the game I want to play, but I'm still focused on getting up to level 99 so I can gift these goofers that keep asking me for those items even though I'm not there yet, without paying for them. Plus I just like the way the higher number looks on me Cool

My highest level friend just got up over 200... that seemed to have come from nowhere so I think she's doing the same thing I am.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:55 am