MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+10
pianofingers
Elizabeth0
karen_ni
Annie
Roxy
ützel
warm10
Mbstr8k
Admin
LaVentosa
14 posters

Tip or Wake, that's The question

LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Friend Code : 0e337f
    MM Name : LaVentosa

Tip or Wake, that's The question Empty Tip or Wake, that's The question

Post  LaVentosa Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Knowing your own profession might be helpful. From my experience help from Explorers and Scientists is all over highly appreciated, while tips from Bankers are not so welcome after having opened three quarters of the rooms. Money just keeps coming in as a sideffect and there are a lot of collections to charge and get ist as well.

As one reason to help might be that your friends help you in return, it seems prudent for Bankers to search for sleeping helpers, wake them up and leave a message on your friends wall so he'll know what you've done.
    Might be more complicated, but it seems some friends are happier with it and do more helping/tipping themselves.

Experiences of a banker....

Last edited by LaVentosa on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Friend Code : B15B06
    MM Name : rainkid

Tip or Wake, that's The question Empty Re: Tip or Wake, that's The question

Post  Admin Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Bankers are useful for lower level players.

Normally, I always wake all helpers first, then leave tips. That way, my friend can decide on the helper to use.

Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:43 am

Admin wrote:Bankers are useful for lower level players.

Normally, I always wake all helpers first, then leave tips. That way, my friend can decide on the helper to use.

Good advice, since you've now told me I'm a banker.:-(. I will wake if they are helpers to wake. If not, I try to leave a hint or two behind, but I guess I'll go to the interior rooms now......
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:18 am

Mbstr8k wrote: I will wake if they are helpers to wake. If not, I try to leave a hint or two behind, but I guess I'll go to the interior rooms now......

I do the same since I know it - put my hints in the interior rooms. Better to have Banker hints there than none, I suppose... Wink

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:54 am

After playing for a while I'm really starting to believe that hints stack. I'll search a room with an explorer hint and when I'm done the hint is still there. Or sometimes I'll search it with a hint and when I finish another hint is there but for something different. So either someone is stalking my room or the hints are stacked.

Another thing is that when you leave a friends manor after leaving a tip and return, you can leave another tip in the same room. I don't think the tips override each other, just the most recent tip is seen first. This can also explain why sometimes in a friends maor there are only specific rooms you can tip in. The other rooms are maxed out and no more tips can be left.

I understand that no one needs coins in this game as a rule, but all the bias against bankers makes me kinda mad. I didn't choose to be the one to leave useless, worthless tips-I got stuck with it. So me, trying to be a good friend, am going to leave you a couple tips after I wake up your slackers-sorry, helpers- so just thank me and keep going please...

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:58 am

I don't know what kind of helper I am but I try to wake helpers and leave tips. I don't mind bankers tips cause I use my coins a lot even with all $ rooms unlocked. When I used my turtle the other day I blew through almost 100,000 coins banishing things. I was trying to reach lvl 45 so I could unlock those free gifts. Added bonus was lots of items to charge collections with:)

As a side note: I'm not sure why but it seems like I hardly ever get help in the kitchen..........
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:59 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:I don't mind bankers tips cause I use my coins a lot even with all $ rooms unlocked...

As a side note: I'm not sure why but it seems like I hardly ever get help in the kitchen..........

*rollingupsleeves*
    prepare for a continuous Banker hintstorm in your kitchen!! Twisted Evil
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:21 pm

kmad004 wrote:After playing for a while I'm really starting to believe that hints stack. I'll search a room with an explorer hint and when I'm done the hint is still there.

Yes, it is established that room hints do stack.

Here is how it works - player data is only updated periodically. If you leave me room hints, the next person who visits me might not see that my rooms already have hints, so they can leave hints too. The game will then keep track of the 2 hints my room has.

Sometimes, my rooms have 10+ hints.

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:47 pm

LaVentosa wrote:
    sfinley ibrahim wrote:I don't mind bankers tips cause I use my coins a lot even with all $ rooms unlocked...

*rollingupsleeves*
    prepare for a continuous Banker hintstorm in your kitchen!! Twisted Evil

YAY!!! Smile
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:47 am

Admin wrote:
    Here is how it works - player data is only updated periodically. If you leave me room hints, the next person who visits me might not see that my rooms already have hints, so they can leave hints too. The game will then keep track of the 2 hints my room has.

Sometimes, my rooms have 10+ hints.

As mentioned before once in a while I can give hints only to a couple of rooms of a friends manor. Are they really maxed out?

I didn't think rooms could get maxed out with hints, as I sort of "blew" a lot of my hints into sfinley imbrahims kitchen yesterday going back and forth, but I might not have used all 10 of them, I'm not sure.

@admin if you say 10+ .. you do not know exactly?
    So it actually works so that the Manor does not update that often - and in between "updates" there can be as many hints as friends willing to do so? So it might (in theory) be limitless...

Too bad. I had such a fun plan:

Try to find out how many hints one room can hold:
    Hold a kitchen party at a friend we all have who has its Ipad on Flightmode, storm in there and get all our 10 hints placed.
    The one who could not hint anymore gives a holler, and then we would count.

geek

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:49 pm

I am pretty certain that there is no limit (or a very high limit) as to how many tips can be stacked in a room.

Next time, I'll count my room tips as I go on a searching frenzy.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:54 pm

The only time I've found rooms that I can't tip are in manors that have super high friend count (1500+) or someone who has stopped playing but not deleted the game.
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:54 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote: I don't mind bankers tips cause I use my coins a lot even with all $ rooms unlocked. When I used my turtle the other day I blew through almost 100,000 coins banishing things. ........

what exactly were you banishing? Snatchins? Are there other folks that can be banished with coin-based tools?

sfinley ibrahim wrote: The only time I've found rooms that I can't tip are in manors that have super high friend count (1500+) or someone who has stopped playing but not deleted the game.

Well.. I'll just have to keep hitting your kitchen. Keep the champagne chilled.... Smile

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Yes, I was banishing snatchins. There are a few different kinds you can use coins to buy and banish. As far as the champagne, you will have to find another friend for that. I am a margarita kinda girl Very Happy
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:Yes, I was banishing snatchins. There are a few different kinds you can use coins to buy and banish. As far as the champagne, you will have to find another friend for that. I am a margarita kinda girl Very Happy

Ooh, Sara, I'm going to have to become your friend! I'm a margarita kinda girl, too! Very Happy even have my own, "it's all fun and games until the margaritas are gone!". T-shirt.

Seriously, I'm never able to get your code to work! It always says it has been used. Popular girl!

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Mbstr8k wrote:
    sfinley ibrahim wrote:Yes, I was banishing snatchins. There are a few different kinds you can use coins to buy and banish. As far as the champagne, you will have to find another friend for that. I am a margarita kinda girl Very Happy

Ooh, Sara, I'm going to have to become your friend! I'm a margarita kinda girl, too! Very Happy even have my own, "it's all fun and games until the margaritas are gone!". T-shirt.

Seriously, I'm never able to get your code to work! It always says it has been used. Popular girl!

Teehee I'm going out for margaritas tomorrow night! I was able to add you so I'm in your pending list:)
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:53 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:
    Mbstr8k wrote:
    sfinley ibrahim wrote:I am a margarita kinda girl Very Happy

I'm a margarita kinda girl, too! Very Happy

Margaritas! YUM!!!
    I think we are going to have that kitchen party after all!!! Reminds me tremendously of that scene in "practical magic" Smile
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

Post  Mbstr8k Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:55 pm

sfinley ibrahim wrote:
    Mbstr8k wrote:

Teehee I'm going out for margaritas tomorrow night! I was able to add you so I'm in your pending list:)

Found you....hi friend!:-)
    warm10

Friend Code : 8a5839
    MM Name : Warm10

Post  warm10 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Mmmm. I suck at this game after margaritas... Can't spell so well either!
    ützel

Friend Code : Fd6d1f
    MM Name : Ützel

Post  ützel Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:32 am

Probably a silly question, but how do you wake up the helpers? Only 2 alarm clocks dropped for me so far since I started playing this addictive game. Would apprecciate if someone gave me a hint! Thanks.
    @bankers: come and tip me if your other friends don't appreciate you enough. I love banishing those bookworm snatchins :-)

Post  Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:13 pm

ützel wrote:Probably a silly question, but how do you wake up the helpers? Only 2 alarm clocks dropped for me so far since I started playing this addictive game. Would apprecciate if someone gave me a hint! Thanks.
    @bankers: come and tip me if your other friends don't appreciate you enough. I love banishing those bookworm snatchins :-)

The alarm clock you can use to wake your own helper. To wake friends helpers tap on the alarm clock floating above the helpers name. This is counted toward your rep lvl. The higher your rep the more tips/wake ups you can do and more friends you get bonus items from. When you wake helpers make sure to put a message on that persons wall.
    ützel

Friend Code : Fd6d1f
    MM Name : Ützel

Post  ützel Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Ok, it was indeed a silly question. I should have tried this before... Thank you!

Post  Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:40 pm

ützel wrote:Ok, it was indeed a silly question. I should have tried this before... Thank you!

Not at all! The only thing silly is to have a question and not ask it. Most of the answers to questions here have been learned through trail and error. Don't feel silly for asking! I think it is smart to save yourself the error part:) plus now the answer is here to help others as well.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 am

Definitely not a silly question. It took me a week of playing before I realized I could visit friends, leave them tips, and wake their helpers... Embarassed
    LaVentosa
    LaVentosa

Post  LaVentosa Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:09 pm

It really is a very confusing game in the beginning - so just keep on asking!

Admin wrote:Definitely not a silly question. It took me a week of playing before I realized I could visit friends, leave them tips, and wake their helpers... Embarassed

well... Embarassed you were faster then I was, then. But I made up for it after finding out Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:17 pm