MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+74
tatteredlace
paulinelhg
StahlBS
momma
Tomqh
Chickenchick111
gailg
Ms scarlet
Jae
Ruthmmforum
Carol Cohen
MMaddict
Camille
sarah
Brooke17724
Avis
WaccaWacca!
Cynthia RTR
shtene
Kristi927
SJ
brenda(Doglover)
iPadKersty
FranzKrueger
Trekker
Mogul
Laura
pianofingers
engineer
Jade
karen_ni
Phungu
yellowrose16
dartagnan627
Dazza JP
CJ
msheresy
sunnyind
PegWalt
Shadowcat
hawkeyegirl
Rallie
Lynn
Holley
cnote
HannahMhairi
MarcR
Taz
Mbstr8k
DanW77
pinktickle
Sakura
JenMomma5476
Annaupos
at
kk_mm
Kinsey
Ann H
Jamedon
LaVentosa
Admin
Jrodtig
ycul
strawberrie
Kyfyang
Cakediva
Carriejh77
Amanda
Snookie
Matens52
Gator5cat
John doe
BittyBrain
QueenVictoria
78 posters

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

MM Name : Queen Victoria

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 30 Empty Re: Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Post  QueenVictoria Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:05 pm

LOL NOOO! I would not delete you!!! Not in a million years!

I don't delete just because they haven't updated. I delete when I have confirmed they don't play. Like when I've sent a message and there's no response or sent gifts and never get the mystery gifts. Plus, I always try more than once! LOL! So stop it! Smile

Hey, I'm not rushing you to update if you still have pending quests anyway. Update still sucks, not that slow anymore but still glitchy. Except you might miss the Olympic event. Just make sure you update a safe 5-6 days before the Event ends so you have enough time to hustle. Smile
    Carol Cohen

Friend Code : c9c38d
    MM Name : caz

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 30 Empty Re: Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Post  Carol Cohen Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Victoria

Some very interesting reading from Apple about diamonds for adding friends!

I first contacted Apple support last week. Without boring you too much a little of the background first.

The first email I sent Apple was the message that GI posted on Sat 11 Aug on their app page about the cancellation of gift codes. Apple responded with some rules and regulations that didn't really apply and suggested that I contact GI for information. I then replied that the passage I wanted was 11.1 in the guidelines for developers. They replied that they couldn't give me that information and to again contact GI. I then found the relative guideline so this is what I wrote to Apple......

I now have the passage in question and just need to understand how it pertains to what the developers of Mystery Manor have decided to do. in short, is the receiving of diamonds for adding friends illegal or not? I suspect that Game Insight have just interpreted the ruling to suit themselves so that players are then forced to purchase diamonds to play. (I then gave them the passage in question)

I need some clarification on this rule so that we (as a collective group) can do something about it

Yesterday I got this reply from Apple

While we understand you would like more details on the message for Mystery Manor, this must be addressed by the developer of the application. Here's an example: If a CD which is sold in a retail store is pulled from the shelves by a record label, then the record label is the one to contact. The retail store, just as the iTunes Store is the provider of the content but actions such as the removal are a decision based on the developer reasons and must be addressed by the developer.

Also, we sell content through the App Store, the content you're referring to'receiving of diamonds' is an in-app currency and would fall under the in-app rules. In-app content is not sold directly through iTunes, it is bought in-game of an app so that's handled by the developers rules and does not apply under the requirements you provided about purchases and currencies.

The Application Provider ( Game Insight) of each Third Party Product (diamonds) is solely responsible for that Third Party product and the contents therein.

Well that's it! I'm pretty sure that means that it was GI's decision and had nothing to do with Apple. What do you think?
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:01 pm

This info should be posted ASAP on MM page! ASAP do not hesitate, do not pass GO!
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:11 pm

LOL! Do not collect $200!

It's too long for MMHD FB. We'll use it for our letters. Besides, I'm tired of FB it's crazy out there. I stopped reading after my last post. Will just inform, Clay.

Unless, Kristi wants this on CC2MM?

By the way, thank you Carol for emailing Apple and sharing this information! At least GI will be forced to face the truth of their statement! Smile

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kristi927
    Kristi927

MM Name : Kristi

Post  Kristi927 Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Posting now on cc2mm
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:25 pm

I have another one Kristi but it's a screen shot, I don't know how you can post it.

Basically says, Apple has no interest on anything that is free.
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Thank you Cheryl for posting this on the official MMHD Facebook Page. I enjoyed the first paragraph and example also - it wasn't too long. But the paragraph posted really is a very succinct statement putting the ball back in GI's court.

Thank you, thank you, Thank you for contacting Apple and sharing this with everyone on the main FB page!!
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Friend Code : fef145
    MM Name : Franz

Post  FranzKrueger Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:08 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:LOL! Do not collect $200!

It's too long for MMHD FB. We'll use it for our letters. Besides, I'm tired of FB it's crazy out there. I stopped reading after my last post. Will just inform, Clay.

Unless, Kristi wants this on CC2MM?
    Queen!
    So far as, as you said, you stopped reading MM wall in FB, this is just to inform you, if you don't know already, that about 1 hour ago they posted a short message saying that "we will post an important message tomorrow for our plans on the next update—which will include some very cool stuff that will directly address some of the issues you’ve raised"
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:05 pm

Good morning, world! Smile I just woke up!

@ RUTH
    Who is Cheryl and why is she quoting private letters written to our members?

@FRANZ
    I'm groaning, please don't make me go to FB! But I'll go check it out, reluctantly. Thank you, Franz! Smile

So I've just read through FB post and comments and I guess we all wait and see! In the meantime, let's all try to enjoy our glitchy games! LOL!

I still owe a lot of people a lot of gifts from my backlog during the boycott! Have sent out over 250 gifts yesterday and I'm still not done! My friends, please be patient with me, I will return all gifts in time, I promise! Smile

Have fun everyone! Smile

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ann H
    Ann H

Friend Code : 28cbe0
    MM Name : Ann (with tulips aro

Post  Ann H Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Good morning Queen. Just read the statement from GI. Avoid all other posts because they remain the same. Neutral

Have a good day. I love you
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 pm

LOL Ann! I know!

I can't believe people asking the same questions over and over and don't care to educate themselves with the answers that could be found on the same page. Oh well, people are people! Smile.

And bless everyone who patiently give them the same answers! That's my Waterloo, I'm not that patient! Smile

Oh, except for my grandma friends! Don't take this the wrong way. I don't mind when you ask me, it makes me smile! Don't feel shy when you ask Smile
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

Post  brenda(Doglover) Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:21 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:LOL Ann! I know!

I can't believe people asking the same questions over and over and don't care to educate themselves with the answers that could be found on the same page. Oh well, people are people! Smile.

And bless everyone who patiently give them the same answers! That's my Waterloo, I'm not that patient! Smile

Oh, except for my grandma friends! Don't take this the wrong way. I don't mind when you ask me, it makes me smile! Don't feel shy when you ask Smile

When I see a question that has not only been asked a million times already, but has been answered that many times or more, it makes me want to throw my iPad against the wall! bounce
    brenda(Doglover)
    brenda(Doglover)

MM Name : brenda

Post  brenda(Doglover) Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Also, thank you for sending my wall request to me! I accidentally clicked on you and didn't mean to. I know you are very busy with all of your humble servants to attend to. I can't visit you yet though.... jocolor
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 am

LOL! I know, Brenda! That's why I stopped reading FB yesterday. I live on the 20th floor if I throw something out, there will be no survivors and I love my iPad! Smile

Wall requests are no problem, honey! Send them out anytime!

Yes my Manor seems to close up when I multi gift from my wall, but I do it anyway. LOL!
    I shall explore and reset when I'm done with my wall. Thanks for the concern, honey! Smile
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Friend Code : fef145
    MM Name : Franz

Post  FranzKrueger Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 pm

That is what GI posted few minutes ago:

"Hi again, everyone! You've been waiting for it and here it is! We're pleased to report that we're working on an update with a great new feature. This update is scheduled for release in the first weeks of fall. We understand that people are frustrated that friend codes and item/currency sharing no longer works, so to help offset that, in a confirmed future update, we will be adding special quests that will give free bonus gems as rewards. While it's unfortunate that players can no longer visit friends or swap friend codes to share gems, these new quests will add more much-needed gems to everyone's game!

As it happens, the next update for Mystery Manor has already been in development and will be released in the next few weeks—so we hope to have this new update live and in the game after that, in early September, pending approvals.

We'd like to thank all our awesome fans for their patience and understanding in this matter. Please keep an eye out for this new update and feel free to share your thoughts with a comment below--but please also remember to abide by community rules and keep discussion civil, friendly, and free of abuse. Thank you again, everyone!"

Is that all??!!
    Ruthmmforum

Post  Ruthmmforum Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:Good morning, world! Smile I just woke up!

@ RUTH
    Who is Cheryl and why is she quoting private letters written to our members?

@FRANZ
    I'm groaning, please don't make me go to FB! But I'll go check it out, reluctantly. Thank you, Franz! Smile

So I've just read through FB post and comments and I guess we all wait and see! In the meantime, let's all try to enjoy our glitchy games! LOL!

I still owe a lot of people a lot of gifts from my backlog during the boycott! Have sent out over 250 gifts yesterday and I'm still not done! My friends, please be patient with me, I will return all gifts in time, I promise! Smile

Have fun everyone! Smile

Hark Queen Victoria,

Thou does not need beauty sleep as you glide eternally graced with much abundance.

Perhaps thou does still sleep, perchance to dream. For we walk in the land of MMUFF. Realm of the twin Gods: Public and Domain. A land where postings flee, nay – soar - unfettered, without bounds of time and space. Privacy dwells in the land of Las Vegas.

Be not seduced by the succubus who hides in the dark corners of Nod. The succubus who has captured the kingdom of GI. The succubus who whispers into ones ear, urging controls on life, liberty, and the free flow of information.

So return to thy slumber and awake refreshed. Walk with us again and smell the coffee. Wait with us as we look to the east. Wait with us as as we look for Mystery Manor retuning in glory. Then we may rest again, content, and enjoy the sweet fruits of our efforts.

Empress Ruth
    WaccaWacca!
    WaccaWacca!

Friend Code : e31e3e
    MM Name : WaccaWacca

Post  WaccaWacca! Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:13 pm

FranzKrueger wrote:That is what GI posted few minutes ago:

"Hi again, everyone! You've been waiting for it and here it is! We're pleased to report that we're working on an update with a great new feature. This update is scheduled for release in the first weeks of fall. We understand that people are frustrated that friend codes and item/currency sharing no longer works, so to help offset that, in a confirmed future update, we will be adding special quests that will give free bonus gems as rewards. While it's unfortunate that players can no longer visit friends or swap friend codes to share gems, these new quests will add more much-needed gems to everyone's game!

As it happens, the next update for Mystery Manor has already been in development and will be released in the next few weeks—so we hope to have this new update live and in the game after that, in early September, pending approvals.

We'd like to thank all our awesome fans for their patience and understanding in this matter. Please keep an eye out for this new update and feel free to share your thoughts with a comment below--but please also remember to abide by community rules and keep discussion civil, friendly, and free of abuse. Thank you again, everyone!"

Is that all??!!

What a bunch of &#?!... Sorry. This is entirely baloney. Their important message is that there is going to be an update? Really? REALLY? I can't stand this anymore.
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Good morning, World!

I'm just coming out of dreamland and into the reality of GI's none-answer!
    But wait, did they not say they will address our list of concerns by Thursday?

@FRANZ
    (I'm sorry for the confusion, honey! I've edited it, it was a joke Smile )
    So far, what this message is saying to me is we get diamonds as rewards for quests, which controls the number of diamonds we get for free to finish quests. Notice how everything we do now is controlled by the game. You can't earn collection items ahead. You use your gifts until the quests say so. Basically, GI wants the game to get played on their own terms and are foolish enough to think we would keep playing!
    I hope another game developer picks up on this and actually put forth a new game for us to play and stop GI's monopoly!

@RUTH
    Too early to wax poetic for me! It's 7am, Empress!
    Just as I suspected, without face time, this is all we're gonna keeping getting from them vague semblances of an answer that address nothing! Who can force them for some straight answers when they post and leave, whether people have further questions or not??? But you're right, we can do the next best thing. Go to media! However, I'm thinking to wait until the Thursday post?

@WACCAWACCA
    I know, honey! Why don't we send Inga some messages and ask about their progress with our list meant for Thursday, okay?
    I don't know if you noticed some game server maintenance yesterday though? Game was awfully slow at one point then some of the glitches went away. There's a glimmer of hope yet, my friend!
    And what's your name about? Is that the Pacman sound? Smile
    WaccaWacca!
    WaccaWacca!

Post  WaccaWacca! Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 am

QueenVictoria wrote:Good morning, World!

@WACCAWACCA

And what's your name about? Is that the Pacman sound? Smile

Have you ever watched the Muppets? There is a character Fozzie Bear..he would say that all the time! Just something silly! tongue
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:42 am

LOL! Yes, he does say that! LOL!

But you get the Pacman right? LOL! Or was the reference too old for you? I just heard it! I wasn't born then! LOL!
    WaccaWacca!
    WaccaWacca!

Post  WaccaWacca! Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:45 am

QueenVictoria wrote:LOL! Yes, he does say that! LOL!

But you get the Pacman right? LOL! Or was the reference too old for you? I just heard it! I wasn't born then! LOL!

Yes - I got the reference....and I am YOUNG enough...I was around before PONG! lol!

QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 am

LMAO! What's Pong? Atari? LOL! Noooo! Don't say it! Admit to nothing! LOL!
    WaccaWacca!
    WaccaWacca!

Post  WaccaWacca! Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:03 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:LMAO! What's Pong? Atari? LOL! Noooo! Don't say it! Admit to nothing! LOL!

For anyone who enjoyed living in the 80's...and if you are up for a great book - check out Ready, Player One by Ernest Cline. It is a highly entertaining story about gaming with lots of references back to the 80's. I listened to it on CD while traveling (I do that a lot) - because I usually fall asleep if I start to read! Razz I know I am aging myself...but couldn't help mentioning this after the reference to PONG!!! Good thing to do while we wait for our next update!
    Jae
    Jae

Friend Code : AskPlz

Post  Jae Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 pm

[quote="WaccaWacca!"]
    FranzKrueger wrote:That is what GI posted few minutes ago:

Is that all??!!

Hello,
    Apologies if I've overlooked other posts here on mmuff.com that discusses this...at the end of the first paragraph (above), it states we won't be able to visit friends' manors anymore...meaning they're taking away that social aspect coupled with the ability to gather runestones, canisters, etc. as well? That would be so disappointing.

Last edited by Jae on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 pm

No, it's not what they meant. It's a poor translation of what they mean to say, I think.

If you followed all the drama thus far on FB, it could mean 2 things to me...
    1. It might be they meant to write that you can't add friends, or
    2. You can't visit friends because some cannot update because they will lose the adding friends feature.

Does that help?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:27 am