MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+27
:::Stig:::
skiptx
Linh UFF
Nynaeve
Savannah123
Pinky
Bill4K
Demdike
Kentremont
Bettsy
sunnyhk
Samc147
hawkeyegirl
Debinapril
Essex girl
rab
bbb Chris
Dazza JP
chrismmuff
Roxy
ycul
gailg
Camille
paulinelhg
jill4444
StahlBS
BittyBrain
31 posters

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative?

BittyBrain

Friend Code : 8a7695
    MM Name : BittyBrain

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? Empty Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative?

Post  BittyBrain Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Big Fish Games has come out with a "free-to-play" hidden object games, called Found (which is kind of a joke on the tv series Lost).

I've played it a little bit. Some would say they totally ripped off MM. I say, good for them. It's more like other Big Fish hidden object games, but a lot is similar.

What's the same:
    - quests to find objects
    - collections
    - tools (compass, flashlight, magnet, bombs!)
    - roamers
    - word, silhouette, and night mode
    - diamonds for leveling up

The graphics are nowhere as good as MM. There are icons for friends and gifts but they don't work yet. My initial impression is that it is not as good as MM was when I first started playing it, but I'm so tired of being punished with quests for thousands of oil cans that it's better than what MM is now.

I'm not going to stop playing MM, but I'm going to seriously cut down on play time and mostly concentrate on helping friends. Best case scenario for me is the friends and gifting become operational and all my favorite peeps move over there.

I'm a huge Big Fish Games fan. I'm hoping they take the best of MM (okay probably not multi-gifting) and leave out the garbage. I have always had good customer service from Big Fish Games and never once felt like they were exploitive in any way. And they actually seem to understand that games are supposed to be, um, fun!

Anyone else tried it? Interested to hear other reactions.

StahlBS
    StahlBS

Friend Code : 2f7173
    MM Name : StahlBS

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? Empty Re: Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative?

Post  StahlBS Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks for pointing the game out Smile
    I like it, their games have always been enjoyable, except I usually just play thru the demos.
    This is a nice diversion from trying to get the keys to access the Selene, so thanks!
    jill4444
    jill4444

Friend Code : c9e5ac
    MM Name : JillyG

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? Empty Thanks

Post  jill4444 Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks for sharing. I'm downloading now & will be checking it out. Also fed up with increasing GI limitations that have taken all of the fun out of the game. Tired of them not listening to their existing customer base...I'm playing less & less and am hoping to find a similar game with a company that knows more about software development, has better customer support and actually listens to their paying customers.

Fingers crossed that Found will be a suitable option! Thanks again for sharing with us Smile
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? Empty Re: Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative?

Post  paulinelhg Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:48 pm

BittyBrain wrote:Big Fish Games has come out with a "free-to-play" hidden object games, called Found (which is kind of a joke on the tv series Lost).

Best case scenario for me is the friends and gifting become operational and all my favorite peeps move over there.

I may not be one of your favourite peep but I'm in your friend list and Im open to try it out!

Yeah Twisted Evil
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 am

I've downloaded it and played for a few minutes. So far so good. It's a shock to the system not being able to find the items straight away LOL.
    gailg

Friend Code : Can't
    MM Name : gailg

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? Empty I've found Found!!

Post  gailg Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 am

Like it a lot, maybe because I'm sick of GI and oilcans, and searching the same rooms for 10 months. I think once you can add friends which is at a higher level, then my whole group is going to move over, and it won't matter about unbanning Harper Seven. It has a lot of what we're used to as far as collections and charging but with new scenery etc I'm pretty happy. I also love BigFishGames. Long before iPad I've been a member for years on my PC and if you find something to complain about, it's fixed! You get the one person sticking with you day by day till you're happy again. If nothing else it will give you something to fill the void that MM leaves. Serves them right too that people are talking about Found on their FB page. Nothing like some healthy competition! cheers
    ycul
    ycul

MM Name : ycul

Post  ycul Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:01 am

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded it too!

Edited to add that I played a bunch this afternoon and its fun so far. Very much like MM but new and exiting! I'm looking forward to being able to add friends. I've used my same names as in here Ycul in case anyone can add friends. Smile
    Camille
    Camille

Friend Code : Ask me
    MM Name : ....

Post  Camille Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 am

ycul wrote:Thanks for the tip. I downloaded it too!

Edited to add that I played a bunch this afternoon and its fun so far. Very much like MM but new and exiting! I'm looking forward to being able to add friends. I've used my same names as in here Ycul in case anyone can add friends. Smile
    . I've played some more this evening too and really enjoyed it. Like Lucy I've used my MM name just in case we can add friends down the track.
    Roxy
    Roxy

Friend Code : 1455f5
    MM Name : Roxy

Post  Roxy Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 am

I like Found! Still not at the "Make Friends" point, but hope we can all friend up when we get there. I've had it with GI and their greed & bannings. Time to start fresh! Thanks for the tip.
    chrismmuff

Post  chrismmuff Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 am

WOW! This game sure is similar to MM! played a little and it's lots of fun! I. Level 244 and sometimes wonder what it would be like to start all over again, and now I can with Found!
    gailg

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? Empty Found

Post  gailg Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 am

chrismmuff wrote:WOW! This game sure is similar to MM! played a little and it's lots of fun! I. Level 244 and sometimes wonder what it would be like to start all over again, and now I can with Found!

Actually I hadn't thought of that, but 10 months is a long time to play a game and I'd forgotten what it was like to be excited over new quests and finding collection pieces. With the knowledge I've gained from MM though I'm not playing like a newbie, I'm playing smart but goodness this is exciting!!
    Very Happy
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Can't wait to get home and download this, forgot my iPad today and haven't missed mm one bit
    bbb Chris

Friend Code : 832580
    MM Name : bbb

Post  bbb Chris Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:40 pm

Ha! Lots of talk on Facebook about "Found". Mystery Manor staff just posted:

Mystery Manor: Hidden Adventure Dear friends, please don't discuss other games on this page. All comments about others games will be deleted. Thanks in advance.

Just tried the game .... so far no oil cans Very Happy
    paulinelhg
    paulinelhg

MM Name : Pauline

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? Empty no fear of Post being deleted here

Post  paulinelhg Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:10 pm

bbb Chris wrote:Ha! Lots of talk on Facebook about "Found". Mystery Manor staff just posted:

Mystery Manor: Hidden Adventure Dear friends, please don't discuss other games on this page. All comments about others games will be deleted. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for this info, I'm glad we have mmuff Smile

I tried "found" Smile so far so good Smile

cheers

Roxy
    Roxy

Friend Code : 1455f5
    MM Name : Roxy

Post  Roxy Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 pm

bbb Chris wrote:Ha! Lots of talk on Facebook about "Found". Mystery Manor staff just posted:

Ha, love it! In your face, GI.
    rab

Post  rab Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 am

One big issue is that the energy counter seems to stop and reset as soon as you minimize the game. I think unless this gets changed, Found will be hard to play.
    gailg

Post  gailg Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 am

rabrown wrote:One big issue is that the energy counter seems to stop and reset as soon as you minimize the game. I think unless this gets changed, Found will be hard to play.

I don't have this problem. When I go back into the game it takes a brief few seconds to change upwards on the energy count. I love it so far. I wonder if anyone else has your problem. The friends I have playing it which is most of my group now have not reported this but I can ask. Very Happy
    rab

Post  rab Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 am

Try running your energy counter almost to the next level and then minimizing. When I do that and go back into thegame, the energy level starts again at the beginning . In other words i ran it almost up to five, minimized, and when i started againit was back at just four.

EDIT - Seems you lose progress to the next energy level when minimizing and then it runs normally in the background.
    gailg

Post  gailg Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:11 am

rabrown wrote:Try running your energy counter almost to the next level and then minimizing. When I do that and go back into thegame, the energy level starts again at the beginning . In other words i ran it almost up to five, minimized, and when i started againit was back at just four.

EDIT - Seems you lose progress to the next energy level when minimizing and then it runs normally in the background.

Ah I get you, the moving bit starts back at the beginning? But the actual counter doesn't? It was the next level bit that got me. Suppose the moral of the story is wait till you get that extra point of energy and then minimize?

Last edited by gailg on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad spelling!)
    StahlBS
    StahlBS

Friend Code : 2f7173
    MM Name : StahlBS

Post  StahlBS Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:34 am

So u can have friends on later update or higher level?
    I'm the same name on there as well

On a side note, the thing about minimizing the app and energy recoup, I used the snake charm that doubles energy for thirty minutes before I went to class, reopened after class (about four hours) and it started running at like 28 mins left, energy had not gone up much, so should u use stuff only when the app is open? Or it might be bc I turned off my iPad for class to save battery, just wondering if anyone had noticed this.

Either way the game has entertained for a day now and haven't felt pressured to want to buy anything Smile and y'all are right, having multiple quests = !!!!! Smile
    Thanks
    -B
    Essex girl
    Essex girl

Friend Code : 9dad21
    MM Name : Charlie

Post  Essex girl Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:47 am

One of my MM friends recommended Found to me and i love it so far! The graphics are just so pretty!

Interestingly, Ive just tried to change my MM wall post to say that i would be playing Found for a while and just dropping in for gifting. It wouldnt accept the wall post if i gave Found a capital F or put it in inverted commas! Hm! GI are not happy bunnies it seems! Smile
    Debinapril
    Debinapril

Friend Code : PM me
    MM Name : debinapril

Post  Debinapril Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 am

I downloaded Found myself just to have a look at it and the similarities to MM are uncanny! Ha ha ha.

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 am

I am loving this game! It has been a very long time since I have been excited about leveling up. I'm almost to ten bounce
    When I open it thus morning I realized I had forgotten to hard close last night and the screen was stuck. All my floaters were frozen and energy still at 9/120. Crying or Very sad After minimizing, hard closing, rebooting energy up to 120/120 cheers
    The energy renewal bar is kinda funky......if you use an energy renewal (lollipop for example) the clock starts back at zero. It's not a huge deal to me, just different. But I think we all need to remember that this is a 1.0 game that has only been out a few days. BigFish already has a forum set up on their website for questions and tech support!!! Holy cow.......a game developer that actually HELPS its players!!! affraid affraid affraid

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/3063.page;jsessionid=80F29328CC48A3A8385AA53462B3EA1C

Last edited by sfinley ibrahim on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
    gailg

Big Fish Games "Found" - MM alternative? Empty Leveling up

Post  gailg Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 am

Well today in MM I reached 199. Had a brief woohoo to myself. In Found I hit level 10 and got into the camp and nearly threw a party!! Whatever teething problems it may have will be sorted out. This company is fantastic, I've been a long time member on PC and it will only get better. I love the fact that GI have ignored us for weeks and today had the gall to pop on and tell us that references to other games will be deleted. Well I just don't think they have the nerve. I like the way also that they are censoring our wall posts! Can you think of the technology they are using for that? Pity they don't put that effort into fixing the game. cheers
    hawkeyegirl

MM Name : Santa23

Post  hawkeyegirl Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 am

rabrown wrote:One big issue is that the energy counter seems to stop and reset as soon as you minimize the game. I think unless this gets changed, Found will be hard to play.

I had the same problem. Went to bed last night with energy at 5, and woke up this morning with energy at 5. Closing it out entirely and restarting did not help.

Any ideas?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:14 am