MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+74
tatteredlace
paulinelhg
StahlBS
momma
Tomqh
Chickenchick111
gailg
Ms scarlet
Jae
Ruthmmforum
Carol Cohen
MMaddict
Camille
sarah
Brooke17724
Avis
WaccaWacca!
Cynthia RTR
shtene
Kristi927
SJ
brenda(Doglover)
iPadKersty
FranzKrueger
Trekker
Mogul
Laura
pianofingers
engineer
Jade
karen_ni
Phungu
yellowrose16
dartagnan627
Dazza JP
CJ
msheresy
sunnyind
PegWalt
Shadowcat
hawkeyegirl
Rallie
Lynn
Holley
cnote
HannahMhairi
MarcR
Taz
Mbstr8k
DanW77
pinktickle
Sakura
JenMomma5476
Annaupos
at
kk_mm
Kinsey
Ann H
Jamedon
LaVentosa
Admin
Jrodtig
ycul
strawberrie
Kyfyang
Cakediva
Carriejh77
Amanda
Snookie
Matens52
Gator5cat
John doe
BittyBrain
QueenVictoria
78 posters

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

DanW77
    DanW77

MM Name : DanW

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 15 Empty Re: Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Post  DanW77 Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Laughing Thank you!
    hawkeyegirl

MM Name : Santa23

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 15 Empty Re: Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Post  hawkeyegirl Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Does anyone know whether you lose the Trex, etc. items after you complete that quest?
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

MM Name : Queen Victoria

Post  QueenVictoria Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Good morning, everyone! TGIF for me! Smile

@HAWKEYEGIRL
    You retain the items. They are much like the Ikebana quest before. Smile

@BTSKYLER
    Thank you so much for everything! And most especially, thank you for taking care of DanW & sunnyind while I slept Smile

@DANW77 & SUNNYIND
    You're both good, right?

REMINDERS:
    1. Collection sets that will give keys in btskyler's post above can be charged and brought in as keys.
    2. I know I also said 100 items for the gift box but now I'm not so sure, it seems I can retain & view over 100 items in my gift box. This is a concern because after the Hearty Meal quest, there's a quest for 25 Drunken Joe Whiskeys!

Sorry I meant to write about it last night to update the reminders but I was sick and fell asleep before I could finish it Smile

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    msheresy

Friend Code : 97e949
    MM Name : brittney

Post  msheresy Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:I have received more than 5 from one person. So it is possible. That now, is wifi dependent.

Same here. My wifi was never slow enough to do it but some people can def still after the update.
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 pm

WHAT'S NEW & REMINDERS

1. Collection items accumulated before you receive the quest will not be counted and you would have to acquire them again. If someone has gifted you items in advance, keep them in your gift box until the quest appears and only then should you accept them.
    2. It is wiser to request charge items on the wall than asking for a visit.
    3. Accepting gifts require 3 taps now. Why? Why? We have to send GI a lot of complaints for this but be nice!
    4. Accepting mystery gifts still the same.
    5. For the OCD, collecting gifts are very neat Smile it balls up like a ringworm! Lol! I know this is useless info but it's cute!
    @AMANDA, a feature especially dedicated to you Smile
    6. Requesting from walls is easier with each pop-up box showing the required level for the item to be gifted.
    7. Visiting made easy - automatically skips friends who have not installed new version. Nice!
    8. Don't trade with the Seafarer that looks like Blackbeard until you get the quest. Please save your maps.
    9. The pieces of the island photo will come out while you still have quests for the Brig collections. It will seem like you have no option but to buy the pieces. However, once you clear the quests, another set of quests will appear telling you where to find them. So if you don't want to shell out for diamonds, just explore. Remember, diamonds will be harder to come by after you update. Big spenders may have to re-assess Smile
    10. Wish list seems to update almost immediately. Good job GI!

Will send order of quests and what to prepare later. Smile

UPDATED as of Today 10:48

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carriejh77
    Carriejh77

Friend Code : Ask!
    MM Name : Carriejh77

Post  Carriejh77 Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks to btskyler and of course the Queen!! These posts are ever so helpful for us non-updaters left over here on the lighter side of the moon....I am learning a lot and appreciate the tips. cheers Hope you're feeling better Queen Vic. PM me if you need any gifts sent from the other side. Smile
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:29 am

Thank you! Feeling better, just sniffles now Smile
    And thank you for your help! Smile
    CJ

Friend Code : 9ae3f1
    MM Name : CJ

Post  CJ Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:31 am

I am yet to update but have heard a couple of rumours which I hope are not true:

That at some point people who do not update will be demoted to level 50. No idea what the criteria is in terms of time frame or anything.

That when you update you will loose all the gifts that you have not accepted.

Has anyone else heard this - I would obviously be grateful if anyone can squash these!!
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Friend Code : Secret
    MM Name : Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:46 am

CJ wrote:I am yet to update but have heard a couple of rumours which I hope are not true:

That at some point people who do not update will be demoted to level 50. No idea what the criteria is in terms of time frame or anything.

That when you update you will loose all the gifts that you have not accepted.

Has anyone else heard this - I would obviously be grateful if anyone can squash these!!

I have heard something similar, but that at some point they will start to remove players or delete those who havent updated and also that it is now easier for them to spot those still able to multi gift and level quickly and there will be more Gibby type bans.
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:05 am

I have heard of the demotion to level 50 for those who don't update but they stated no known source nor the basis for doing so. Therefore, I never wrote about it and I'm terribly sorry, I really have no comment on that one.

On losing your gifts once you cross over, I crossed over with gifts in my box which I actually regret coz it's a pain to accept hundreds of gifts that require 3 taps each. In earlier posts, the only gifts I suggest you keep in your box are those that will clear quests later. Should you lose them, you lose nothing really if you think about it. Smile It just means you go about it as it was initially intended.

As with anything new, there will always be birth pains. Everyone fears the dark, but I actually find that the new version is a breath of fresh air. No frantic gifting. You get to actually play it like it used to be played. I sent several IOUs today for liqueur, and we were laughing about it. Game play now does not segregate multi-gifters and non-multigifters. I have a lovely friend who got deleted when she lost her capability to multi-gift which I think is a damn shame! People looked at rankings more than community gaming.

Further, the new version brings together low-level players and high-level players! In the past, they have been reduced to just asking, in fact, borderline begging. I had a quest for 25 Drunken Joe Whiskeys, everyone had it. So now low-level players don't come visit me and say, I'm sorry I have nothing you need, can I have a Pith Helmet? They can actually start joining the trade now. And for the first time in a long time a newbie spoke to me, we exchanged gifts, I thanked them, they thanked me; it was no longer 'Thank you and I'm really sorry I had nothing to give you'. And you go, It's okay I need nothing. So you're happy, they're embarrassed. As I said, there is joy in giving, it should go both ways. It allows them a little dignity. LOL!

In other words - LOL - 2nd rumor squashed but continue to seek the truth for the 1st. Sorry I used too many words. Smile

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 am; edited 2 times in total
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:10 am

QueenVictoria wrote:I have heard of the demotion to level 50 for those who don't update but they stated no known source nor the basis for doing so. Therefore, I never wrote about it and I'm terribly sorry, I really have no comment on that one.

On losing your gifts once you cross over, I crossed over with gifts in my box which I actually regret coz it's a pain to accept hundreds of gifts that require 3 taps each. In earlier posts, the only gifts I suggest you keep in your box are those that will clear quests later. Should you lose them, you lose nothing really if you think about it. Smile It just means you go about it as it was initially intended.

As with anything new, there will always be birth pains. Everyone fears the dark, but I actually find that the new version is a fresh breath of air. No frantic gifting. You get to actually play it like it used to be played. I sent several IOUs today for liqueur, and we were laughing about. Game play now does not segregate multi-gifters and non-multigifters. I have a lovely friend who got deleted when she lost her capability to multi-gift which I think is a damn shame! People looked at rankings more than community gaming.

Further, the new version brings together low-level players and high-level players! In the past, they have been reduced to just asking, in fact, borderline begging. I had a quest for 25 Drunken Joe Whiskeys, everyone had it. So now low-level players don't come visit me and say, I'm sorry I have nothing you need, can I have a Pith Helmet? They can actually start joining the trade now. And for the first time in a long time a newbie spoke to me, we exchanged gifts, I thanked them, they thanked me; it was no longer 'Thank you and I'm really sorry I had nothing to give you'. And you go, It's okay I need nothing. So you're happy, they're embarrassed. As I said, there is joy in giving, it should go both ways. It allows them a little dignity. LOL!

In other words - LOL - 2nd rumor squashed but continue to seek the truth for the 1st. Sorry I used too many words. Smile

What a great post :-) Couldn't agree more, trading has become cool again lol
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:11 am

@ DAZZA JP

Thank you for replying! Smile

Would you have a source and is it possible to find out where they got the information from?
    And it would be great if we had a few credible sources so we can find out for sure?

Appreciate any help! Thank you! Smile

I take it you have updated?
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:16 am

I have updated yes, I sometimes wished I had waited though lol

I will try and find the web page I was reading yesterday about the removal of players who haven't updated, though it's hard to tell what's fact and fiction lol

I can't imagine GI letting two versions of the game to be played, it must be easy for them to see those who are multi gifting and leveling up fast now and then there will be other Gibby situations with players removed.
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:24 am

They have always allowed several versions to be played. I have friends who update much later because of business trips and lack of interest. I have one that updated months later. He said during his assignment abroad, he played on his own coz he had no neighbors. Lol! But once he got home, he updated and had no problems at all.

Same with any other game in the AppStore, you're not required to update. Recommended, but not required.

You wish you hadn't? LOL! You have to accept the things you cannot change! The courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference! LOL!
    Dazza JP
    Dazza JP

Post  Dazza JP Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:41 am

QueenVictoria wrote:They have always allowed several versions to be played. I have friends who update much later because of business trips and lack of interest. I have one that updated months later. He said during his assignment abroad, he played on his own coz he had no neighbors. Lol! But once he got home, he updated and had no problems at all.

Same with any other game in the AppStore, you're not required to update. Recommended, but not required.

You wish you hadn't? LOL! You have to accept the things you cannot change! The courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference! LOL!

Very true !!!!

I'm sure most players will update soon, the draw of the island will entice them lol
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:47 am

LOL! I've only searched it once for a quest, then it went on freakin' night mode so I let it be first.
    Besides,I wanna clear quests fast to be able to write about them for my friends who have not updated.
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 am

QueenVictoria wrote:LOL! I've only searched it once for a quest, then it went on freakin' night mode so I let it be first.
    Besides,I wanna clear quests fast to be able to write about them for my friends who have not updated.

If you have a list of the island quests as they occur, it would be extremely useful for those who are behind you.

I just finished putting together the island pieces (thanks to magnificent friends who helped with all the tape, glue and such!) and have the quests for the legacy of the Atlanteans parts (trading with snatchin seafarer) and for robinsons umbrella in hunting room. It would be handy to know if I will be looking for phenoms in certain rooms soon (so be sure not to banish them) or whatever.

Thanks!
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 am

Actually I started writing it last night but I'm feeling under the weather so didn't get to it again. I'm sorry! I decided to rest a bit today.
    Shadowcat
    Shadowcat

MM Name : shadowcat

Post  Shadowcat Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:36 am

QueenVictoria wrote:Actually I started writing it last night but I'm feeling under the weather so didn't get to it again. I'm sorry! I decided to rest a bit today.

Not a problem! Hope you are feeling all better soon.

I was so excited about finally having new quests that I blew through a bunch of them without thinking to take any notes.
    dartagnan627
    dartagnan627

Friend Code : a221d6
    MM Name : Myriam

Post  dartagnan627 Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:32 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:I have heard of the demotion to level 50 for those who don't update but they stated no known source nor the basis for doing so. Therefore, I never wrote about it and I'm terribly sorry, I really have no comment on that one.

As with anything new, there will always be birth pains. Everyone fears the dark, but I actually find that the new version is a breath of fresh air. No frantic gifting. You get to actually play it like it used to be played. I sent several IOUs today for liqueur, and we were laughing about it. Game play now does not segregate multi-gifters and non-multigifters. I have a lovely friend who got deleted when she lost her capability to multi-gift which I think is a damn shame! People looked at rankings more than community gaming.

Wow! You coudn't have said it better! Me? Thinking of crossing over? This is almost a miracle.
    Jamedon
    Jamedon

MM Name : Jamedon

Post  Jamedon Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Yes - thank you for this....took me a few days to get over sulking about the update but I will soldier on and I think it's great that new requests need items that us lower levels may have lots of, but won't need for ages so I am happily giving away my bunnies or whatever else they need. It personally makes me feel really good to help out wherever I can. So thanks for this post. Now I'm not acting like a petulant teenager about my MG abilities being taken away, I can see the glass half full.
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:15 pm

@ DARTAGNAN627

We will miss you! Enjoy your freedom from this addiction Smile
    Take care! Smile

@JAMEDON
    LOL! You are a true soldier! As my MM friend, I shall help you forge on! Smile
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 15 Empty ROOM 18 - THE LOST ISLAND 1 of 3

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:17 pm

ISLAND PHOTO QUESTS

ORDER OF QUESTS & HOW TO MORE EFFICIENTLY CLEAR THEM
    Now my mistake is I didn't think to write this down so this is from sheer memory. If I miss something, it might be too easy to clear to even remember. So these are only the quests that bring some sort of pain! Smile

1. Pot of Gold 
    - will drop right away coz this is a money making pot for GI so, of course, no grief for this.

2. 150 runestones 
    - best to banish Old Gypsy Woman or Baron rather than regular gypsies. Takes only 3 tries with a turtle running (well not running but...)

3. 5 Magic Books 
    - will drop out of fortune telling room & library; 
    - or swapping the same item with a friend works faster if both of you are on the same quests. If not, the person not yet at this stage may take an IOU or continue with the trade but should keep the item in their gift box until he or she gets to this quest.

3. Brig sets 
    - charge each set once. Trade for the items or explore Brig.  
    - each item drops by level. Meaning, 1st item of each set will be spewed at Novice level & 5th item of the set, at Expert level.  Therefore, if you're only at Novice, don't expect to finish these quests quickly by exploring. Either trade for them, or pray for patience.
    - what's a fair trade offer for these? I would say, the Festive Masquerade items because they can no longer be acquired by high-level players & low-level players had an equal chance to have an abundance during the Independence Day event.
    NOTE: by this time the pieces of the island photo will appear but the quest on how to find them won't. You may ignore unless you get overly excited & plan to simply buy the pieces with diamonds.

4. Island Photo pieces
    - much like building the UFO & Brig.  Request for assembly items to piece the photo together from all your friends.  
    - please note of the level requirement for the items which is shown at the top of the pop-up box when you 'Ask a Friend'.
    - instructions for one of the photo pieces refer to a PLATE. My answer to everyone who asks me is probably the UFO because in English we also call this a DISH/FLYING SAUCER. Must have been translated from Russian to plate instead of dish or saucer - I'm making a wild guess though.

5. Banish Snatchin Seafarer
    - meet the twin of Mr. Blackbeard.  Evidence#1 that GI ran out of ideas, or had to hurry up releasing this update from all our whining on FB that we had no quests. LOL! 
    - as mentioned in an earlier post which I hope you heeded, you should have saved your maps for trading with the Seafarer.  Anything you found earlier will not be counted to the 5 sets required to clear this quest.  But will still count to the 9 required to complete the News announcement found on the right side.
    - soon as you clear this quest, Seafarer will leave your manor.  If you still need him, you have to find a friend that has him as a roamer.
    - items easily drop like pirates, if you're using a turtle.

6. Explore Island
    - since you have been banishing the Seafarer earlier, you will have enough keys to explore.
    - no requirement to find anything.

7.a. Adventures of a Castaway & Secretive Island sets
    - one by one, each item will be required by exploring rooms which most of the time requires a phenomenon.
    - so you don't have to keep setting your manor up again & again for a phenomenon, don't clear rooms with phenomena if the quest does not call for that room to be explored. This way, you're always set up for any quest requiring a phenomenon.
    - when I say 'set-up for a phenomenon' please refer to an earlier post on 'Finding the Corset, Neptune & Emerald'.  Assuming you don't want to spend diamonds for any summons.
    - good thing though is, soon as you have the right phenomenon in the right room, the item surely drops, so no need to close MM app to retain phenomenon.  Please know that I use a turtle 100% of the time so this is the only point of view I know.

7.b. Punishment Quests
    - simultaneous with finding the new collection items, are quests which I honestly, truly & without a doubt believe GI put in as disciplinary action for all our 'crimes'! Smile
    - CJ asked earlier if the unupdated ones might be demoted to level 50. I think your rumor was skewed. The updated ones are feeling like level 50s with these. Evidence#2 that GI ran out of ideas.
    - I haven't cleared a lot but so far I have had:
         i  ) 25 tyrannosaurus fillets, 25 tiramisus & 25 miso soups
         ii ) 25 drunken joe whiskeys
         iii) 25 dauphin cognacs 
         iv) 25 mermaid vodka
    v) 25 sea breeze port wine
    vi) 25 Benedict's Tear Cocktail - charge Drinks of the World 25 times (UPDATE i guess it was NOT safe to assume! LOL!)
    - all items in your current inventory won't count.
    - most people have these so everybody can swap items if you are on different quests.  I sought help from friends who have not crossed over for the first one because I thought the 75 items were overwhelming. My EQ failed me. It's not so hard after all.
    - assuming 2 players are on any of these quests, they can trade.  2 traders on the same quests cannot swap because it will get deducted from the 25 that they are currently putting together even if they have extra in their inventory.
    - if 1 player is working on this & the other is still on another quest, I suggest you just borrow the item.  If some of you remember the Ikebana quest, it works like that.  None will be taken from inventory upon completion so you can just return them after.
    - for those of you who were not hugged enough as a child will probably go, it's gonna take me 100 years to send it all back with the 10-gift limit! Calm yourself down, take a deep breath and do the math.  Not everybody will reach the quests at the same time.  Plus, there is always a natural attrition of players so if you're lucky, you don't send anything back. And if you've invested enough to become an MMBFF to someone, most don't need it back.
    - for those who truly enjoy exploring, you may find the items from the rooms specified but it doesn't drop 100% of the time even if the room is already set up correctly so you may have to close MM app, as also discussed in the 'Finding the Corset, Neptune & Emerald' post.

Relevant to those who haven't updated, you can stock up on everything except the Punishment Quests. They're too easy to acquire & more importantly, you need space to receive the assembly items for the Island Photo. 

I wonder if someone was able to confirm how many gifts the box holds at a time? From where I sit, I don't get a thousand gifts a day anymore so I can't confirm Smile 

Hope this is helpful and happy gaming everyone! Smile 

REVISION #1: To correct assumption on 6th Punishment Quest
    REVISION #2: Query on Plate to find photo pieces.

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:05 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : 1. Cleared for next quest. 2. Added reply to a recurring query)
    sunnyind
    sunnyind

Friend Code : 139aae
    MM Name : sunnyind

Post  sunnyind Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:12 pm

An excellent walkthrough. Congrats Queen. We can still make requests to our friends who have not updated the app and they can still send us multiple times the items we needed. Unfortunately I cleaned my wall and cannot access to my friends who have not yet updated the application. :-(

Is there any other way, we can ask them that what we need and they can feed us? When they update the app we can return the favor when they need.
    Mbstr8k
    Mbstr8k

MM Name : Charlotte

Post  Mbstr8k Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:15 pm

sunnyind wrote:An excellent walkthrough. Congrats Queen. We can still make requests to our friends who have not updated the app and they can still send us multiple times the items we needed. Unfortunately I cleaned my wall and cannot access to my friends who have not yet updated the application. :-(

Is there any other way, we can ask them that what we need and they can feed us? When they update the app we can return the favor when they need.

If your friend is MMUFF member, you can contact them on ere via PM. You can request that way. OR if they still have you on their wall, you can ask them to send you a wall message and then you have opened the lines of MM communication again. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:53 am