MMUFF

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Manor Unofficial Fan Forum

+74
tatteredlace
paulinelhg
StahlBS
momma
Tomqh
Chickenchick111
gailg
Ms scarlet
Jae
Ruthmmforum
Carol Cohen
MMaddict
Camille
sarah
Brooke17724
Avis
WaccaWacca!
Cynthia RTR
shtene
Kristi927
SJ
brenda(Doglover)
iPadKersty
FranzKrueger
Trekker
Mogul
Laura
pianofingers
engineer
Jade
karen_ni
Phungu
yellowrose16
dartagnan627
Dazza JP
CJ
msheresy
sunnyind
PegWalt
Shadowcat
hawkeyegirl
Rallie
Lynn
Holley
cnote
HannahMhairi
MarcR
Taz
Mbstr8k
DanW77
pinktickle
Sakura
JenMomma5476
Annaupos
at
kk_mm
Kinsey
Ann H
Jamedon
LaVentosa
Admin
Jrodtig
ycul
strawberrie
Kyfyang
Cakediva
Carriejh77
Amanda
Snookie
Matens52
Gator5cat
John doe
BittyBrain
QueenVictoria
78 posters

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

MM Name : Queen Victoria

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 22 Empty Re: Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 am

Thank you, Jade! Smile
    I will try that!

But let it sit for an hour without touching it, might be easier said than done. Lol!
    Jade
    Jade

Friend Code : 87293c
    MM Name : Jade

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 22 Empty Crash after update

Post  Jade Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:42 am

QueenVictoria wrote:Thank you, Jade! Smile
    I will try that!

But let it sit for an hour without touching it, might be easier said than done. Lol!

geek I'm sure it is... at least I have my books to distract me!!

Good luck Very Happy
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 22 Empty Re: Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects 

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:43 am

LOL! You're right! Smile
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Friend Code : fef145
    MM Name : Franz

Post  FranzKrueger Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 am

Hello Queen!

One can say it is wrong place to ask such question but being won by your energy, frendliness, deep knowledge of the game and permanent readiness to help from one side and high quality of your advices and guides from other side I decided to place it here, in your thread.
    Serfing different places, I have seen a lot of complaint about last update such as:
    1. Every time I try to charge a collection game crashes.
    2. The game is freezing and it takes forever to give and take gifts.
    3. New update won't let me thank friends for gifts!
    4. I was trying to get a whole bunch of gifts from friends, and the game crashed, and when I came back in, they were all GONE!
    5. And, why is the Services page blank? I can't enter friends' codes to get more diamonds to play more.
    6. New update again and this time we can't use golden rose with other charms to speed up our energy.

I haven't updated yet, so I don't have any experience and can't confirm or refute above statements and you have updated. Can you share your experience about above said and, may be others?

QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 22 Empty NEWS ON THE UPDATE version 1.11

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

Hello Franz,

Thank you for the kind words! I haven't played much coz I just got home but so far, my answers to your questions, as I have experienced them, are as follows. However, since this update seems to be terribly unstable, some people may have different experiences as mine, so my answers below may not be the norm.

1. Every time I try to charge a collection game crashes.
    QV: No, I am not experiencing this. I tried to charge once and multiple times at a time, and it seems the waiting time is the same. Although I noticed that if I charge 10 at a time, the collections disappear for awhile but comes back after the regular wait.

2. The game is freezing and it takes forever to give and take gifts.
    QV: Yes, I am experiencing a lot of freezing when it comes to anything concerning gifts. It freezes when I take gifts, whether new gifts or mystery gifts, and when I try to send gifts from the wall. The only time it doesn't freeze is when I send gifts from wish lists and from my box. However, it seems like you have to press more firmly to send them. Can't soft touch. This might be good though to avoid accidental sending as experienced by some in the past.

3. New update won't let me thank friends for gifts!
    QV: Half true for me. I can send thank you gifts for new gifts. Mystery gifts now have a Thank button as well, but I can't seem to press it.

4. I was trying to get a whole bunch of gifts from friends, and the game crashed, and when I came back in, they were all GONE!
    QV: I have crashed a couple of times but I didn't seem to lose my gifts.

5. And, why is the Services page blank? I can't enter friends' codes to get more diamonds to play more.
    QV: I remember GI made an announcement that this was going to be disabled awhile back. I was actually surprised that the last update still had it. But I think GI gave us fair warning about this. So you can't add friends anymore but I still get invitations from those who haven't updated. So it seems you can still add them if you haven't updated, and your new friend can accept you even if that person has updated.

6. New update again and this time we can't use golden rose with other charms to speed up our energy.
    QV: I used the golden rose with a phoenix and it worked. Also, artifact with elephant works. Still the same as last update, you can use one artifact and one charm together.

Other observations and comments that I got are:
    1. When I first updated, the gift box seems to be in disarray, overlapping each other. I explored and reset, that seemed to fix it.
    2. Sometimes the clock runs fast when exploring a room.
    3. Flowers can no longer be sent from the box. Like robots, they have to be on the wish list for anyone to gift them, just like any collection item that can be purchased.
    4. I have a friend who lost some of her diamonds when she updated. She sent a complaint to GI, no news yet on results.

These are what I have so far. I shall write if there are more observations. I hope you find these helpful! Smile

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Post  FranzKrueger Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 am

Dear Queen!

Thank you for quick and comprehensive answer. Your experience is very important and although it looks better than in feedback I found, I would refrain from last update for a while.
    Thank you once more!
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 am

I'll play a bit more tonight and let you know Smile
    Cakediva

MM Name : Cakediva

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 22 Empty Thank you for your post Ms. Victoria!!

Post  Cakediva Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 am

Very helpful as always!! :-). I will def. be using friends codes 4 diamonds before I cross over. I'm really hoping I do not have the crashing issue people have reported. I'm on iPad 1 so I'm crossing my fingers! ;-). Thx again girlie, you really have helped me so much!! :-).
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am

It crashes a lot! And iPad 1 has memory issues, so maybe if you clear some space, you'll have less problems?

Anyway, crossing my fingers for you Smile
    Sakura
    Sakura

MM Name : Sakura

Post  Sakura Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Hey queen, need your info. I'm having a quest to explore O'olle's saucer to find discus and have no idea is it a room or not.
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Post  FranzKrueger Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Dear Queen!
    Concerning #5 in your post #535:
    I have not updated the game, but have blank "Service" tab as well Crying or Very sad
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:00 pm

@SAKURA

It's the UFO honey Smile
    Or banishing the snatchin sportsman or diver works too.

Last edited by QueenVictoria on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:01 pm

FranzKrueger wrote:Dear Queen!
    I have not updated the game, but have blank "Service" tab as well Crying or Very sad

Just explore 2-3 rooms, reset your MM app, and shutdown your iPad. It should come back Smile
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Post  FranzKrueger Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:03 pm

I'll try. Thank you!
    Sakura
    Sakura

Post  Sakura Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:07 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:@SAKURA

It's the UFO honey Smile
    Or banishing the snatchin sportsman or diver works too.
    Ok thanks:) I'm having the same problem too. Can't use service button.
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Post  FranzKrueger Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:10 pm

QueenVictoria wrote:
    FranzKrueger wrote:Dear Queen!

Just explore 2-3 rooms, reset your MM app, and shutdown your iPad. It should come back Smile

You are right! It came back after exploring 2 rooms.
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:11 pm

FranzKrueger wrote:I'll try. Thank you!

Just in case:
     - to close MM app completely:
        Press HOME button once
        Double-press HOME button so Process Bar appears at the bottom (or multi-swipe up)
        Long-press the MM app until a Minus (-) icon appears. Press icon.
        Press HOME button to close Process Bar (or multi-swipe down)

- to shutdown iPad:
    Long press OFF/SLEEP button then swipe SLIDE TO POWER OFF
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:14 pm

@ SAKURA and FRANZ

For anything that seems abnormal in your manor, that's the first thing you always do - explore 2-3 rooms. If nothing happens, reset MM app. If still nothing, shutdown iPad.

Glad it worked out, Franz Smile
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Post  FranzKrueger Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 pm

I was a little bit in a hurry! It started to work and after few successful actions it disappear again. Neither exploring more rooms, nor reset MM, nor shutting down iPad helped so far. Will try more. bounce
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Explore different rooms and make sure the room tips go away after exploration. If you have no phenomenon in your living room, start there.
    Sakura
    Sakura

Post  Sakura Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Well my lady, I've shutted down the iPad but it didn't work. The service button still blank:(. This is not good Evil or Very Mad
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Explore living room, bathroom and kitchen?
    FranzKrueger
    FranzKrueger

Post  FranzKrueger Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 pm

In my case it appeared again after some time of inactivity. Then, after few inputs disappeared again and again appeared after some time of inactivity. Works up to now Very Happy
    QueenVictoria
    QueenVictoria

Post  QueenVictoria Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:35 pm

It's so weird! Smile
    At least you can still use it! LOL!
    Make the most of it while you can Smile
    iPadKersty

Keeping the Love Alive - for my Privy Council, Crown Council and loyal subjects  - Page 22 Empty Definitely trying hard to keep the love alive.

Post  iPadKersty Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Afternoon luscious Queen Victoria.

I see you returned home in piece safe and sound.

Today is a new day for mystery manor, and thank goodness for this forum. It does inspire and keep things in perspective. Without it I believe we would have all gone mad and left well enough alone.

Mystery manors Facebook page has had quite a hit today, which is mostly constructive with the hope that GI may take some notice. The apple store has once today reset the ratings of this game version, which is disappointing.

It is with great interest I read the comments here and on Facebook, as the players want a fair game. This game is unique as there are so many who are willing to help others, share knowledge and encourage. Something which as humans we should do a lot more often.

So I would like to thank you and others whom have contributed to this site, it has been extremely helpful. It is a pity that the programmers appear to read this forum too and when we as players finally figure out what they call an "egg" to the game, they use it against us as players

I would like however to share a thought in this public forum. It was said somewhere that this game is based on luck. But I figure that luck cannot be programmed in a game. I have a theory, that the luck in this game is dependent on a series of variables.. Charms vs no charms, specific helpers against other helpers, this room against another room etc. add that to the variable of time. What if the choices of gifts that this game offers us is dependent on the choices we use and the time we finish searching a room?

I put it to players reading this forum, that yesterday when I started the Olympic quests each piece was found that each piece except for the UFO piece was found when a time factor ended in a x. I.e. 2.2x, 2.3x, 2.4x, 2.1x. I wasn't watching the clock when I was in the UFO and found the piece I needed at 3.2y. It starts to tell me that luck is based on some mathematical formulae, somewhere some how.

So therefore, to test this theory assistance is required and I am not suggesting that we all write down each variable because that is just too much work for a game. But test the idea of time. Does it make a difference? We all know if we run charms and flowers or artifacts we have the more opportunity to receive more play pieces.

Try it and see....

Last edited by iPadKersty on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Gave too much away......)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:32 am